Sheepsfoots and wharncliffes! Oh my!

GEC #25s available with sheepsfoot or wharncliffe blades (also available with pen clip secondaries but not EOs though) 3" closed
IMG_0913.jpg

GEC #53 Cuban Stockman 4 1/8" closed
IMG_2330.jpg

GEC #53 Furtaker Trapper 4 1/8" closed
IMG_2121.jpg

GEC #61 Half Congress 3 5/8" closed
IMG_1575.jpg

GEC #62 Courthouse Whittler 3 3/4" closed
IMG_1666.jpg

GEC #66 Calf Roper 3 1/2" closed
IMG_2340.jpg

GEC #89 Executive Whittler 4" closed
IMG_1987.jpg

Last edited:
Favorite sheepsfoot blades are on my NF #53 and Case 47s; favorite wharncliffe are the two blades on my Benchmade 925 Switchback, especially the small SJ 440C....
001-22.jpg

002-3.jpg

Here's a few with Wharncliffe blades...

Jason

Reese Bose Wharncliffe Trapper
new034.jpg

Bret Dowell Trapper with Modified Wharncliffe (Zulu)
049-3.jpg

Case Swayback Jack
SBJandWharncliffeTrapper021.jpg

Rick Menefee Dogleg Jack with Wharncliffe secondary
CustomKnives055.jpg

Does anyone know of a single spring knife with a large clip blade and a wharncliffe or sheepsfoot secondary? Sort of a crossbreed between a stockman and a half whittler if you will. It seems like it would be my dream EDC but I've never been able to find it. The closest I've seen is GEC #331211, which is a conductor with a clip and a coping blade. http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/331211-buffalo-horn1.jpg So close!

Does anyone know of a single spring knife with a large clip blade and a wharncliffe or sheepsfoot secondary? Sort of a crossbreed between a stockman and a half whittler if you will. It seems like it would be my dream EDC but I've never been able to find it. The closest I've seen is GEC #331211, which is a conductor with a clip and a coping blade. http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/331211-buffalo-horn1.jpg So close!

This is a Northwoods 'Mini-Moose', at 3.25". Not too big, but the blade config seems to be close:
NWK_mm_eb.jpg

Here's an old thread on the same model:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/885861-Northwoods-Mini-Moose

Here are a couple of Byrd sheepfoots that I cut down to Wharncliffes.

Click on the thumbnail.

ByrdWharn.jpg

There are a GEC Wharncliffe Jack and a Sheepsfoot Jack I think. Trying to find a version in a GEC. Love that blade style. I'll let you know what I end up with.

AG Russell Pinched Peanut
IMG_1451.jpg

Case Mini Trapper
IMG_1423.jpg

Case / Tony Bose Collaboration Slimline Wharncliffe Trappers
IMG_1069-1.jpg

Case / Tony Bose Norfolks
IMG_1602.jpg

Mike Alsdorf Slimline WT
IMG_1367.jpg

Todd Davison Swayback Jack
IMG_1659.jpg

I think that the Sheepfoot is one of the best blades for utility. My dad gave me this a few months back and it is one of my favorite EDC's:thumbup:

scaled.php

Paul

Thats a Case 11031SH sometimes known as a Walnut Rope Knife, a Rope Knife, a Whaler Knife or an Electrician's Knife if I'm not mistaken.
For sure it is a useful utility knife

Queen 1/2 Congress 4"

attachment.php

Trevor Ablett Lambsfoot
Lambsfoot is has the spine not parallel like a Sheepsfoot, but not curved like a Wharnie
Lots of lambsfoot knives in England

attachment.php

Some of my favorite blades and you folks have posted some fine photos. I have one more due in tomorrow than I will try and get a photo or 2 up as well.

jwh

Back