• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

I get that. This post is from 2 years ago.
Research his recent dealings.
I’m not encouraging anyone to buy from him. I’m saying there are more folks that say he’s a pain to deal with but delivers on what he promises. What I haven’t heard is anyone speak negatively about the quality of his work.
A stunning numbers of grifters continue to operate within the knife and EDC community for years, often closing up shop when it gets too hot and then finding a new community to fleece a year or two later. I don’t necessarily think people are incapable of change or reform but I would need to see a pretty big turnaround (like “he makes great scales and sell them when in stock and delivers immediately”) vs “if you harass him enough he eventually delivers” (which probably means there are plenty of people he ripped off who just wrote off a cheap scale as not worth the hassle).

I get that. This post is from 2 years ago.
Research his recent dealings.
I’m not encouraging anyone to buy from him. I’m saying there are more folks that say he’s a pain to deal with but delivers on what he promises. What I haven’t heard is anyone speak negatively about the quality of his work.
Every thief has an apologist.

Gonna bring this thread back up from the depths. I haven't been hosed, yet...It's only been 9 days for an order on an "In-stock" scale and the comms on shipping it have been a little suspect. I'm not passing judgement yet but reading through this thread doesn't get my hopes up. I did pay with my CC so maybe i'd have an easier time if I have to go that route. I'm really hoping he just ships them like he said he would since they were in stock, no custom order.
I'm not active here much anymore and this one got by me. Never bothered to check reviews as a lot of people I respect and know follow him. Oh well.

I'll update this thread. Last IG contact was last night and he said it was, "going out tonight." which I thought was odd (second time he said that) and that he'd send me tracking...never got any tracking update.
Update?

I am always amused when people think someone else's unlawful act is just a choice, that they can control it, change it for the better, and never go back to the way they were. Maybe some people can, but I think the majority cannot and I will never knowingly offer myself up to be the next potential victim to someone who at the very least may have significant mental health issues. YMMV.

I am always amused when people think someone else's unlawful act is just a choice, that they can control it, change it for the better, and never go back to the way they were. Maybe some people can, but I think the majority cannot and I will never knowingly offer myself up to be the next potential victim to someone who at the very least may have significant mental health issues. YMMV.
And yet you still were willing to deal with me. 🤣

Update guys. Sorry for the delay.
So, ordered on the 5th. Received on the 20th. I did send a few messages asking about why something "in-stock" hadn't gone out in a timely fashion. Got some answers I thought were less than acceptable but every time I reached out he answered me and it ultimately was dropped off at the post office on Saturday 1/14, so 6 business days after placing the order. Scales are beautiful.
I'd consider the business transaction acceptable, especially based on some others on here who's dealing weren't good at all. I also brought this thread back up after a couple of years. However, I would not send him a knife for custom fit scales as i wouldn't wanna be without it for what would probably be longer than what Eric would quote. I don't know if I would do a custom scale order either, again based on the extended timelines but I would def order another set of scales that were "in-stock" from him. I would just confirm "in-stock" on the website actually means they are ready to go.

Overall, I'm satisfied. YMMV so tread cautiously, but I would tread.

Update guys. Sorry for the delay.
So, ordered on the 5th. Received on the 20th. I did send a few messages asking about why something "in-stock" hadn't gone out in a timely fashion. Got some answers I thought were less than acceptable but every time I reached out he answered me and it ultimately was dropped off at the post office on Saturday 1/14, so 6 business days after placing the order. Scales are beautiful.
I'd consider the business transaction acceptable, especially based on some others on here who's dealing weren't good at all. I also brought this thread back up after a couple of years. However, I would not send him a knife for custom fit scales as i wouldn't wanna be without it for what would probably be longer than what Eric would quote. I don't know if I would do a custom scale order either, again based on the extended timelines but I would def order another set of scales that were "in-stock" from him. I would just confirm "in-stock" on the website actually means they are ready to go.

Overall, I'm satisfied. YMMV so tread cautiously, but I would tread.
6 business days to ship in stock scales. I'm sure he isn't just making them when people order them :rolleyes:

Same old shit from this guy. Glad you got yours but eventually this sort of behavior leads to a serious problem, as it has in the past with him.

He’s very unreliable & not a good businessman. Which is sad cause his work is great, one of the best. Don’t give him any money up front. That’s the only way I will I get him to make anything for me. That way when he inevitably procrastinates or makes excuses I’m not out any money

Back