Shepherd of the Hills knife show/Branson Mo.

Sorry to hear of the problem's on the way Home, It aint never a Fun Time Breaking down on the Road after a long Trip, But what can you do ? Just "Get-Er-Done !" Congrat's on Forging your First Knife that would be a Great Experience ! I'll be sending you an E-Mail real soon on the MUK and yes I will take one, I cant wait to see the picture's from the Show, But aint no Rush, Cuz I know after a Trip like this one your still wore out !

Breaking down is never fun but no one got hurt and I'm home. It was still a fun weekend. Here is a link to another thread with pictures from the show:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656550

Here are a few of my own pictures. I apologize for the picture quality and there were a LOT of pictures I wish I could have gotten but didn't.

Bransonhammerin015.jpg

Bransonhammerin017.jpg

two outstanding folders by Jim Krause

Bransonhammerin020.jpg

One of Brion Tomberlins superb bowies. I wish you could see the details that I can't catch on film.

Bransonhammerin034.jpg

A bowie by Lin Rhea. I believe this is some of the James Todd G11 from the forum here.
Bransonhammerin033.jpg

Bransonhammerin035.jpg

Another blade by Lin Rhea. I can't even begin to describe the detail and craftsmanship in this knife.

Bransonhammerin056.jpg

This is a knife that Mr. Karl Anderson brought to show how he shapes his handles.
Bransonhammerin058.jpg

Bransonhammerin059.jpg

Some more of Mr. Andersons work.

I can't even begin to describe how much better all of these knives looked in person. I was blown away by the incredible talent represented at this show. You should have heard some of the conversations being had about techniques and how one maker does something vs. another.

The respect level among the makers was tremendous and everyone was incredibly friendly. Getting to sit down and listen to Lin Rhea and Jerry Fisk discuss how they each achieve a particular result was enlightening.

Getting hands on instruction on forging from Brion Tomberlin was a highlight for me. Even though he did kind of trick me into doing a "demo". I'd sure do it again though. It was a blast.

I had so many questions for so many makers but didn't want to interupt anyones conversation because of all of the great information I was hearing.

I highly recommend that everyone make it to shows and/or hammer ins to meet and visit with the makers. It is a real treat.

SDS

I know I had a great time. There were several great demos and the quality of talent there was amazing! And I of course enjoyed having the opportunity to meet you.

Allen

Thank you for taking the time to stop and talk. I tried to look up your screen name here when I got back but I didn't look up "MR" newberry. Glad to have met you.

There was some impressive talent up in them thar hills.

SDS

Thank's for sharing the picture's from the Show Shawn, Them Folder's at the Top by Jim Krause are Very Nice, And them Bowie's by Karl Anderson are Beautiful, I really like the one In Spalted Maple It Is Real Nice Bowie,

Ah crap!
I cant believe I missed this show!
I'm in Springfield, MO and had totally planned on going...completely forgot about it! Dang it!

Great looking knives btw!

Newberry..why didnt you remind me!:p

--jared

jprice76, wish you could have been there but it does look like this may turn into an annual event. I'm sure there will be a lot of buzz about it next year. The makers all had a great time.

SDS

jprice76, wish you could have been there but it does look like this may turn into an annual event. I'm sure there will be a lot of buzz about it next year. The makers all had a great time.

SDS

Thats great! I hope it does become an annual event. I will definitely not miss it next year!

Back