Sheriff Longmire's Knife - Buck110

I, for one, am glad that they finally found an actual Buck.

Now if they can explain which units issued those grips for their 1911's...

My wife records all Longmire episodes, so I went back and rewatched the end of Monday night's chapter, sure looks like a 110 to me. I have one just like it that's a Two Dot. I put the TV on pause and held mine up next to the TV and, as Oregons pictures indicate, looks like a 110. I don't know what they were using earlier, but, prop guy finally got it right. I said the same thing about shootin' the danged horse, have to agree, that would have raised a stink for sure. Shoot a human, no problem, we see that every day, but don't dare harm an animal. My wife loves Walt. I have a soft spot for Vic. At least we agree that it's a good show. About the only one we can watch together and really enjoy.

The native bad-guy was couting-coup on Walt with the butt-strokes, just as he'd done with Branch. I instintively knew that when he leaped off of that horse, that he was going to be shanked with that Buck!

I've misplaced, ie, lost, my Western made 110 copy - anyone have one of them to compare with Longmire's knife? I don't have an older squared bolster Buck 110 to compare. It is a great show. It's not the only American LEO show with an Aussie as the lead - Poppy Montgomery in 'Unforgettable'; Simon Baker in 'The Mentalist'; Andrew Lincoln in 'The Walking Dead'; etc. Robert Taylor ('Longmire') is a relative newcomer to American TV, despite his 'common' name. The American film star of that name was popular from 40's - 60's - died ~1970. I did cringe when Walt used that same knife to remove an expired out of state car tag from a car earlier this season.

Was the indian, aka 'David Ridges', carrying an old 'yellowboy' rifle?

Stainz

This was brought up during season 1 also and I pointed out his knife looked like a Schrade LB-7, but was definitely not a 110. I too am glade they got him a real Buck. Totally fits his character and the show overall.

And Walt's police load .45 slug to the white warrior's shoulder didn't knock him off his horse, why?

Glad to see others that others like the show too. At work when the phone rings at my desk and I know it's an inside call, I answer the phone;

"It's a beautiful day at EmhartGlass and continual soiree! How may I help you?"

Always gets a laugh from them, better than the usual...'whaddaya want?' response ;)

G2

Last edited:
Longmire__62056.jpg

What you think about this Sheriff Walt Longmire coat ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have really enjoyed this series. Thanks to Netflix. If you have watched the show you really owe it to yourself to read the ten books by Craig Johnson about Longmire. I can hardly wait until the next season is released.

Best show since Firefly.

OMG!!!!! I'm not the only one....... :thumbup:

Just to keep this thread on a Buck topic... If Henry Standing Bear wore a Buck 110 on the show it would be one of these.... :D

110.Native.American.Series%20%202_zpsw95cutzp.jpg

Last edited:
I think the new season will be on soon!!! In the meantime, I've been reading the Leaphorn and Chee mysteries and wondering if either of them carried a Yellowhorse.

Back