Shillin knife

Wow!! Thanks for posting these fantastic knives Oregon!!
Joe

kinda reminds me of the new Cold Steel Colossus at first glance.... I like that blade shape.

Thank you for the kind words fellas.

Slip joints. However, they each have a pause at half mast. Full open is a stiff open. When you go to close one take enormous care, do not close one while drunk or in a hurry. It has the power to remove digits cleanly and neatly.

I've invaded some of the Japanese owner's conversations about their ownership. Their worst lifetime cuts were delivered by Shilin Cutter. They mentioned Buck 110 as a safe knife because of the back lock.

Some owners will install a tiny cushion of cut resistant material into the inside of the knife where the edge comes to rest when closed. You need a good grip in any event. Once arthritis sets in sell it or put it up on display.

I hope the OP returns. He only posts every 8 years...

Member since 2003 and asking about value? Wow.

Give him a break...His last post was 8 years ago. This forum used to have a lot less rules. You used to be allowed to ask for a price no matter what level you were.

Great knives Oregon, thanks for the slide show. Hope they made it through your fire OK.

Give him a break...His last post was 8 years ago. This forum used to have a lot less rules. You used to be allowed to ask for a price no matter what level you were.

Great knives Oregon, thanks for the slide show. Hope they made it through your fire OK.

Yup! I agree. The rules now are great!

Nice knives. Not my bag really but an interesting read for sure! Enjoy and use them well!

Thank you for the kind words brownshoe. Unfortunately, I lost all of my knife collection to the fire. I knew I had a very strong dose of the knife affliction but didn't realize that it was a love affair until the loss. I won't kid about. I was sobbing at one point during my work on the above while looking at a general forum posted photo of a shelf in one of my display cases showing all of the Shilin Cutters along with a bunch of my favorites. My lovely wife grappled me out of it, bless her.

Thank you craytab. I have the photos hosted on photobucket and imageshack. I have the memories. I have the friends from here in the US and all around the world who were so very kind and generous to have given me knives, accessories, books, literature and letters. I will rise above this. Bet money on it.

I'm very sorry to hear that, oregon. You are already rising above it, by writing this thread.

Thanks Oregon for sharing your awesome knowledge.
And so sorry for your loss.

Loss always helps us understand.

They were great knives while it lasted and loss doesn't remove the accomplishment of your collection or your knowledge.

Thanks for sharing, tell the wife we thank her as well :)

View attachment 646571

This photo of a shelf in one of my displays is the one that made me go sideways the other day. A custom from Phil Boguszewski on top of a letter explaining it and how it fit into his world (a friend of his saw me post a photo of it as a knife show find and asked him to send me a note and he did). My "for sale in China only" three piece collection of Beijing Opera Mask Swiss Army 1. Card, 2. Classic & 3. Climber. Lone Wolf Diablo double action. One of my favorites, Bill's Leverletto in stag. Spyderco's first knife C01 Worker. Rope lighter gift from a British knife enthusiast in the Ibisa. The Shilin Cutters minus the big fella I had just recently found at a show. A few from my compass collection (always wanted a British military compass from the movie Lawrence of Arabia, saw it with my Mom as a child). An oil painting from my dear depart beloved father-in-law. Lots of cool French Gimel-Bargeon auto and fun Italian auto knives. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. I think is what they say.

Last edited:
Fantastic collection Oregon. Where on Earth was the show where you stumbled across the Kuos? Those suckers are crazy hard to come by. I saw Kuo yesterday, BTW. That man's little shop is the stuff dreams are made of.

Back