SHIV thread revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had so many fighters that I decided to pass some down to others either through sale or trade, but the image of all those is still representative. I love 'em all, but the Shiv is probably the one we won't see any more of from Nathan, at least that's my guess.

And yes, I miss having more than one of the cerakotes.

Mat, I'm glad you posted that image. I thought about posting it in this thread, but had already posted recently somewhere else, don't remember, given my propensity for senior moments.

Bob, having an elephant type memory is both a blessing and also a curse. It's an honor though to be B^2's whisperer at times :D

Does anyone recall whether Nathan said anything about revisiting this model anytime soon?

I think that if you examine Nathan's comments about the likelihood of a "Shiv Revisited" happening, they point toward his having no intention toward resurrecting the pattern. In other words, a significant bias toward the chances for a revival being slim, especially with all the other stuff on the table and on the whiteboard. I certainly don't presume to speak for Nathan, but do think his attitude toward the Shiv's re-introduction is that it is unlikely at least in the near future.

over-projecting my hopes, I guess, Betzner :(
the last post I linked was from September of this year, and the first was from the tail end of 2017. The optimist in me hoped that showed a contiguous progression of the Mad Scientist's thought. a lad can dream.

pardon if I am clouding the thread, but I gotta ask- What do you make of his comments in these links about an integral shiv? was your point that they are too different to be considered akin to the beloved original- or are you convinced that this genre/niche is off the schedule entirely for the foreseeable future?

I think if you read between the lines in that post, it said to me that he would love to do all sorts of blades, thus his use of the And...And...And....And to pull it all together as if in one thought - but that which he would like to do and what he can do within any kind of given timeframe are two different things. As to the integral shiv comment, you will note it is at the conclusion of the "And"s, ie, way beyond foreseeable future.

Again, I do not presume to speak for Nathan, but believe you are reading more into it than is there, vis a vis an integral shiv's possibility any time soon.

Last edited:
Oh I'm definitely going to do an Integral Shiv. And I'm going to start exercising, lose 20 lb, and finish painting the hallway...

As Betzner has already uncovered today, clearly I was born without essential portions of my brain.

That said, I can manage the painting. I need a volunteer personal trainer that's okay with B&E and false imprisonment.
I believe this approach may be defensible in court as a millennial "manifestation" technique. who's in?

d%#* it.

Merica! :thumbsup::cool:

FLfbVxs.jpg

Z2A5Ucd.jpg

duWJNNy.jpg

p5DgNx3.jpg

W5tsrDI.jpg

rkpDbsJ.jpg

zxULZPJ.jpg

Seasons Greetings! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.