Shops Closed Due To Quality Control Issues

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Our shops in Nepal have been closed because of an unexpected lack of quality control. They will stay closed until we can improve the product quality you all expected from HI.
In additon, I have very low inventory and cannot take special orders untill the problem in Nepal gets a soludtion we can live with. I will, however , post a list of the Knives and Swords I have for sale.

Thank you for being patience

Wow. :eek: I hope everything can be resolved quickly to your satisfaction, Auntie. Thank you for all your efforts on behalf of your loyal customers.

While this news is a bummer, it shows the incredible lengths HI will go to in order ensure that they offer the best of the best in terms of the best quality khuk that can be bought.

We appreciate the head's up, and I'm sure the fine folks of the forum will be understanding and patient while you get this fixed.

Smoke up for a speedy and positive solution.

Quality control Issues? Yikes! Hope everything get's worked out quickly. Good luck!!

Yikes! Reading that was a bit surreal.

As an HI customer I'm both sad and happy to hear this.

while this is unexpected and sad, i am impressed by the commitment to quality and applaud this decision. Thank you for insuring a quality product to us all. good luck!

Sorry to read this Auntie. I am very impressed that you made this call and shut it down until the issues are resolved. Many companies would not have been near so honest or have shown the type of integrity you have here. I look forward to seeing the issues resolved and HI getting back up and running again.

I am also very sorry to hear the news, but also extremely impressed with your integrity and commitment to quality. It shows me I am truly respected and valued as a customer.

Not that there was ever any doubt but my faith and confidence in HI products has just increased substantially. I sincerely hope everything is worked out quickly.

All the best!

Last edited:
I echo the sentiments expressed so far - it's unfortunate for HI to have this type of a problem at all, but it's downright tremendous that they are proactively addressing the issue.

Thank you, and rest assured that this type of dedication to the product and customer satisfaction simply further cements my loyalty and future patronage. Judging by the responses so far, it seems most of us feel the same way.

As a realtive newbie to HI (9 months) I have enjoyed being part of a circle where as a customer you really feel cherished.

I don't know what lies behind the decision to suspend sales until the quality position is sorted out, but I sure as Heck have total respect for Auntie's decision on this-how many companies do you know with this level of integrity? I like others hope it will be very short-lived, and when it is over I will be eagerly waiting. Auntie's behaviour is well deserving of our support.

Cheers!

I have been tempted to try out a HI product for some time, but was always on the fence. It is too bad that QC has become an issue, but it is very encouraging to see a company take these types of steps in fixing their product. I think once your production has resumed, I will probably take steps to ordering one of your knives.

That's too bad. I hope you'll be able to get your QC squared away soon.

I guess I'm lucky to have picked up the Tin Chirra from the Deals post (my first H.I. khukuri knife).

Back