Shot show pics of BM stuff

Jump over to the BM Forum for some pics of the new offerings -- more info tomorrow when I get there. :)

SpearBali.jpg

Magnetic latch...too cool.

MagneticBali.jpg

Yes the spearpoint looks very nice...
The three inch magnetic latch is gonna be cool...I hope they decide to produce them.

Anyone one else besides me getting VERY VERY excited at the 3"? Not only for the magnetic latch, but also for the complete lack of a tang pin?

I suspect the pinched waist of the tang and the two extra pins behind the pivot are acting as the tang pin. Very much like the idea mentioned a while back as a replacement for the ever hard to maintain tang pin. NEED MORE INFO. PLEASE!!!!!

Huh?? How does the lack of the tang pin thing work??

Originally posted by Dan GSR
Huh?? How does the lack of the tang pin thing work??
Here's my take until we have verified proof.

See the silver model with the handles closed? Notice the notched ends on the tip of the tang? Those notches are what stops the handles from swinging too far in the open position, judging by the position of the 2 new pins behind the pivot. To engage the blade to swing it open, they press into the notch and leverage the blade out of the handle. When closed the pins rest in the pinched waist right where the grind line ends.

This is getting very very exciting.......

Ahh now I see....very interesting...nice to see BM trying new things.
Thats BM inginuity for you.
I can't wait to handle one.
I wonder what the magnetic strength will be on those babies.

I would definitly get one (read as 3 or 4)of those 3"er's for sure. But the spearpoint made me cry. What #'s are left 41 and 46?

The same now for the Spearpoint, as the purple one shows no signs of a tang pin or tang pin cups, and it also includes the waist notches in the tang.

Well, they're no production steel handles but they'll do...I suppose.
I can't take it anymore! Those are freakin' gorgeous!! I'd definitely love to see those 3"ers made. The lack of a traditional kick that goes past the blade gives it an interesting look. Not to mention the new handles. VERY NICE.

Cyco

That spearpoint is pretty great, but the modified spearpoint(?) on the 3" is what I'd be interested in. The spearpoint on the full size is presumably sharp on both sides?

I do hope they come out with the magnetic latch. The balisong market is really heating up!

Ha!!!!!!!!

As much as the Tachyon was great to see released, and the Venturi and Arc Angel after it........... this is the best stuff I've seen since the 42 came out................ well except for the 43, 47, 49.......

Benchmade is without a doubt THE company when it comes to Balisongs and the development thereof.

Bravo Les, Roberta, Travis, Vance and everyone else at BM!

I just got back from working today from 4-2 and I see this!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

edited to include:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I haven't been this excited since the 42. And now that 3" is in my head and won't get out...must have many of them.

I agree with Clay... they do a great job.
That's true that 2002 seems to be a good year for the balisong. Both famous knife companies and custom makers innovate. It means a new future for the knife.
I'm a great fan of spear-point, mostly when slightly "weehawk-modified" like for the Venturi. I've always dream of a latchless bali. All my dreams are becoming true!

Guillaume

I hope that spearpoint isn't another limited run...
The 3 incher seems like a 2 piece sandwich construction too, very neat and simple, just like the tang pins, I like it :D
The tang pins give a new swing (pun intended) to an old knifedesign that hasn't changed much for over a century.

Balidude, I was thinking the 3" was sandwich too, but then I stopped being sure. I was thinking they probably would keep the casting since thats the tech they've been working with and the slit down the side is much thinner than it is at the top beneath the tang where it is obviously open. I'm now thinking it's just got a line carved into the side.

Back