Show me a beat up Busse

NY9fx2n.jpg

actually it was a Dark Ops (or Dork Ops)
I really did not like the knife or the clowns that ran that company :)
Their warranty was no good I sent the knife in and nothing came of it ??? ;)

4XxlpcQ.jpg

0srJoHA.jpg

bKoiwHa.jpg

0vnASub.jpg

The box is SUPER COOL though o_O

20200531_133255-1.jpg
I do not take care of this knife, I often store it by throwing it at a stump/work bench, and I use it with reckless abandon, but I'm not sure it's 'beat up'. It's the closest example of a beat up Busse I have.

Truth be told, these strippers look more used than they actually are. I don’t get out as much as I used to. But make no mistake, these are the most perfect camp knives to ever come into my possession and they will never leave.

86E80EE8-A721-4E4E-9F1B-A65672619134.jpeg

Is that lower one a HOG Badger?
What is the upper one?

Eu17 I'm guessing.

Is it .25 thick spine?

Yep, EU17 Magnum and a Hog Badger. :thumbsup:

The EU17 handle feels like a refined Ratweiler handle - a handle shape that has long been my gold standard for its versatility. You can see in the pic that I've done some shaping to make it fit me even better (I am a lefty). It's light enough to carry on the belt all day, long enough for serious batonning and when I choke back on the handle I can get some serious bite while chopping with no pinky bite. Yep, it's 0.25" at the spine so it's not a boat anchor.

The Hog Badger, well, similar to the old gen 1 howling rat it has tons of blade for its compact size. The handle doesn't have anything "extra" that adds to the weight or bulk, but is still secure in my mitts. The blade is thin enough for finer tasks, but it's stout and wide enough that I can be confident in prying and batonning.

Thanks THT and 360.
Having a HOG Badger myself, I can totally agree. One of the best blades I have.
First time seeing an EU17. It IS a sweet blade. Even better you customized it for yourself!

My old Scrapper5 (may be the INFI version based on the dimples)...

...... bought it modified and it has had the crap beaten out of it as it is my "garage knife" also used it as a sharpening victim and as such it had a recurve edged and just now is as sharp as a bowling ball as I used it to scrape some adhesive off metal....yes as a scraper ....it spent a good year down behind a couple of crates that were against a damp brick wall...just wiped it down and kept going. I owe it a sharpen tomorrow though....!!

Back