Show me your custom camp knife/chopper.

'Tis a Parang Lading Kedah built by O'Katz of Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia.

OKatzPLK9952_zpsd3540870.jpg

18" OAL made from an old American Jeep leaf spring steel (i.e. spark test showed that it's a 5160).
Thanks for looking :)

mohd

'Tis a Parang Lading Kedah built by O'Katz of Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia.

OKatzPLK9952_zpsd3540870.jpg

18" OAL made from an old American Jeep leaf spring steel (i.e. spark test showed that it's a 5160).
Thanks for looking :)

mohd

nice, Mohd,very nice

Nice parang, Mohd. I've got an O'Katz barong and will be getting one of his O-ASM pretty soon.

.. nice, Mohd,very nice ..
Thanks Allain, Parang Lading Kedah is a Malaysian traditional chopper and I'm very comfortable with it in our coconut plantation field works!
Yours are nicer though and I like them all especially the one made by Burt Foster :thumbup:

img_2910.jpg

Kindly just let me know if ever you want to get rid of it :D :D :D

.. My O'Katz barong, made from a Land Rover spring ..
Congrats to you Phil, it is a Barung Semenanjung which is slightly different from it's siblings in Sabah and Philippines.
I have one (i.e. shown in posting # 662) and it's one of my favorite :thumbup:
Hope your O-ASM will be delivered to you soonest :)

mohd

20131027_182222_zps2652140d.jpg

2 I just finished. The camp bowie is O-1, cocobolo with red G10 liners and tapered tang.

the chopper is 3/16" O-1, green canvas micarta mortised tang handle with red G10 spacer. Guard is 304 stainless with red G10 and stainless spacers. Full convex grind.

20131027_182222_zps2652140d.jpg

2 I just finished. The camp bowie is O-1, cocobolo with red G10 liners and tapered tang.

the chopper is 3/16" O-1, green canvas micarta mortised tang handle with red G10 spacer. Guard is 304 stainless with red G10 and stainless spacers. Full convex grind.
congrats very nice work ,i love this big campknives .

Back