Show me your custom camp knife/chopper.

Scramasax an bretsax by Achim Wirtz (deutchland) the big one in damascus and maraging.

NucirckUtilityKnife.jpg

Just about finished with this one, it is an old old foster bros. cleaver I've been messing with. it needs a bit more finishing work, but I like it so far.

This is one awesome thread!!! I dont have any "custom" choppers yet, Next month i get my competition chopper from Dan, and then ill be able to play with the big dogs :D

This is my camp knife, and for now my chopper as well while i wait on that GORILLA of a knife. But this Chopweiler works quite well as a camp knife.

bja7.jpg

ke3e.jpg

This is one awesome thread!!! I dont have any "custom" choppers yet, Next month i get my competition chopper from Dan, and then ill be able to play with the big dogs :D

This is my camp knife, and for now my chopper as well while i wait on that GORILLA of a knife. But this Chopweiler works quite well as a camp knife.

bja7.jpg

If you completely removed that rough coating you'd probably notice quite the difference when battoning! ;)

If you completely removed that rough coating you'd probably notice quite the difference when battoning! ;)

Yea your right, I have stripped a few blades because of this too. This one would have been stripped already so i could see the pretty hamon underneath that coating if the handle was easily removable without drilling out the tube fasteners.

That picture was taken the first time i took the knife out, since then i have worn off some of the coating in use and then I took a piece of sandpaper and smoothed the coating up to the saber grind line on the blade. I didnt remove it, just smoothed it down and it makes a little difference already.

Hello!

Another chopper from my workshop- Green hornet

A2 tool steel, 6mm thick 302mm overall and 167mm blade with 150 mm cutting edge. Knife for sale, PM me for more details.

Cheers

Hello!

A2 tool steel, 6mm thick 302mm overall and 167mm blade with 150 mm cutting edge. Knife for sale, PM me for more details.

Cheers
very nice and satin finish is top enjoy

well here it is mine 1095 steel i made it from a huge marble slicer saw, nothing fancy, just a hard worker
p5140902.jpg

Hello!

Cheers

I left you a visitor message steevee....

Thanks, Czech

Back