Show me your EDC flashlight!

Nt945q1.jpg

It's a handsome light. The price for one is pretty impressive too.

My own EDC is an old Arc AAA. Just got this one in though, to accompany me on nightly walks.

39809244964_8ba9b10cd4_c.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20180228_200053.jpg

Streamlite stylus pro usb
I absolutely love this flashlight. The sheath broke after a week and using wire and gorilla tape it works well to keep it on my belt.

As you can see it's heavily used. The rubber button screw cap came off but sure it's harder to hold in the mouth now but easier to hit the button. Got it June of 17 and I've only not carried it for Christmas because of travel. Rechargeable battery also lasts me about two weeks.

Pulled my Surefire E2 out for some pocket time, but still need to upgrade the old xenon bulb head to a brighter and more efficient LED...
Xeyplvi.jpg

If you like the warmth and brightness of your current light, get a Malkoff M61WLL drop-in. Very close tint to an incandescent, but with 10X the runtime.

25573693127_bb6e6a3dc9_c.jpg

My keychain lights are a Fenix EO5 and a yellow Photon Freedom, mounted backwards in its plastic neck holder, to prevent accidental on. “Two is one”. In my urban existence ,blacked out tunnels and buildings may present a challenge.

In my home, I now carry a Lumintop Tool , AA, V.2, which replaces my lost and much loved Gerber Infinity Light. It is a new acquisition and as close as could come to the Infinity for a long lasting low setting. I’m using Energizer lithium cells in the Fenix and Lumintop.

Gerber should bring back the Infinity, even if it feels compelled to up the lumens a bit. Same for EO1 from Fenix.

Jetbeam RRT 01.
EzRtzCtl.jpg
Venice, Thanx for the reply. I looked-up the spec.s on your suggestion . 80 hr.s @1 lumen, for an $80 light. The Lumntop AA, V2 is 37 hr.s@ 16 lumens ( w. an alkaline battery.) for $18.80. With an Energizer litithum battery, I’d bet on 50+ hours of run time on low. The old Gerber Infinity light was ~$20 for 60-100 hours, @ 5-8 lumens, with alkaline vs. lithium batteries. The Fenix EO1 was about $20 @16-25+ hours on an AAA alkaline vs. lithium battery. The price difference and ultra low lumens, IMO , negates the Jet beam’s comparability.

Venice, Thanx for the reply. I looked-up the spec.s on your suggestion . 80 hr.s @1 lumen, for an $80 light. The Lumntop AA, V2 is 37 hr.s@ 16 lumens ( w. an alkaline battery.) for $18.80. With an Energizer litithum battery, I’d bet on 50+ hours of run time on low. The old Gerber Infinity light was ~$20 for 60-100 hours, @ 5-8 lumens, with alkaline vs. lithium batteries. The Fenix EO1 was about $20 @16-25+ hours on an AAA alkaline vs. lithium battery. The price difference and ultra low lumens, IMO , negates the Jet beam’s comparability.

Sorry if I implied something here but have no idea what you are talking about. Just showing an EDC light.

Sorry if I implied something here but have no idea what you are talking about. Just showing an EDC light.

Venice: That is the classic talking past each other! I thought u were suggesting your light as the substitute for my lost unobtainable Gerber Infinity light. No harm done on either side, but it is funny.

Used to be a flashaholic so have lots lights, including more expensive ones, but these are my EDC grails for their efficiency and versatility.

47936789901_d829d5ef2b_k.jpg

Back