Show off your 15's

Dang Larson, that's an impressive group you got there. Here's my only and have been carrying it non stop since winning markesharp's giveaway. Really liking the 15 frame.
CAM00225_zpsqrktmmqk.jpg

Here's my one. It's my holy grail pocket knife. I've been looking for this knife since well before it existed- I think the first time I saw a jack knife in ebony it was an old Robeson in some junk shop. I was mesmerized, thought it was the coolest, classiest, most restrained pocket knife ever. Then the first run of #15 boys knives came out, and I was again awestruck by what I saw here displayed by you folks. It was the one! The price was too high, though, so i figured it wasn't meant to be. Then the second run hit (I'm pretty sure anyway) and an incredibly gracious member here gifted me a beautiful example with all the specs I was after- ebony, long pull, spear blade. My grail! Anyway, here she is.
P1040002_zpsc16a12a7.jpg

Leatherman,

Well said - "restrained" - I love my ebony single spear Boy's Knife. It's so BASIC and so understated. It's just your SIMPLE old-fashioned pocket knife. I saw it and fell in love also.

DBA22528-B227-40C0-A698-10107049D684_zpsrem5civy.jpg

Whenever I think my knife obsession might be out of control, threads like this make me feel so much better. :D

I have so many patterns I'm fond of, but I truly think that if it came down to it, I could own nothing but #15s and be totally happy. They're just perfect, imo. Here's a few of mine:

zve8.jpg

yqec.jpg

orcx.jpg

^^^^^ I agree, I have (4) 15's - the only GEC that I have more than one of. The 15, humble as it is, pretty much epitomizes the classic old-fashioned working man's pocket knife of yesteryear.

I got into traditionals just last year, at the time I joined this forum. Now I have 30+ traditional knives, mostly GEC. Early on, looking at pictures here, the one that really caught my eye was the TC Barlow. The elongated bolster and the TC logo were so good looking. But I came on the scene too late, and it was sold out everywhere, so it was my Grail knife. I finally got my first one late last year from the new run, a yellow one direct from Charlie. Then I got 3 others. And I got one more on the latest run.

_MG_1712.jpg

Last edited:
Blee,

What a beauty. I agree, the TC Barlow is arguably THE most interesting of them all. The venerable Barlow goes back at least 300 years. Charlie's work in bringing us this masterpiece is just magnificent. IMHO it's the finest ever made and has all the best features of the "best" Barlows of the past. I know I'm incredibly proud to own and carry them.

D8A37AEE-8A4F-4FF8-BABF-D01A88AF41DC_zpsapeulryb.jpg

The #15 is my absolute favorite pattern, I have modified more #15 knives than any other, and I have collected mostly #15s especially Charlie's TC Barlows. Here are three of my favorites that have been "frankensteined" (all three have bronze bolsters and pins, with nickel liners, and mammoth scales), and one of my favorite Charlows, the 3rd cut stag:

AE8861AA-1E5D-46AB-BAC0-0CD735D6ADC7_zpsxsur6i6w.jpg

50043D20-2BD0-42A0-B568-5138B6916209_zpsg6zdvzly.jpg

01DE3A08-A7ED-46D8-BFC4-9823236900D0_zpsdq2n9gv1.jpg

6AC8E647-B2E3-4140-AE20-B237A8F90210_zpszflwslvy.jpg

5ED0A132-4386-4454-9BF8-58B6E58B2BE1_zpsyos4rj9w.jpg

After seeing all your Charlows here, it has dawned on me the enormity of the gift I have been given. Beautiful knives everyone.

Blee,

What a beauty. I agree, the TC Barlow is arguably THE most interesting of them all. The venerable Barlow goes back at least 300 years. Charlie's work in bringing us this masterpiece is just magnificent. IMHO it's the finest ever made and has all the best features of the "best" Barlows of the past. I know I'm incredibly proud to own and carry them.

Thanks, arizonaranchman, you got some beauties too, especially that long pull spear from the first run.

Heck of a lineup you have there Paul. :thumbup: It's nice to see I'm not the only one with the #15 sickness. :cool:

Thanks Zach, but by my count I still have a few to go to catch you:p

Have a great weekend and hopefully it won't rain;)

Back