Fall Harvest, Lava Lamp, and Kryptonite
SwirlAcrylics.jpg

Fall Harvest, Twilight, and Dead Skunk
IMG_0294.jpg

Smokey Pearl
SmokeyPearl.jpg

Painted Pony SFO in Sapphire Acrylic
53micahdown.jpg

WOW :eek: Some seriously great pics everyone :thumbup: and thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate it :)

Jeff you have been holding out on that Sapphire acrylic, very nice indeed.

So are all of the acrylics including the christmas lights and such all just a thin sheet on the bottom being covered by clear acrylic? Its crazy how alive it comes under the cover, mine reflects so well I would swear its red acrylic over the top. The thin decorative stuff at the bottom in some areas has very faint red glitter like wire that looks like circuit board stuff in the right light. Very hard to describe and I could never capture it with the camera. These look cool in pics but they come alive in person, atleast the coffee house does. I may need to pick up another for comparison :D

So are all of the acrylics including the christmas lights and such all just a thin sheet on the bottom being covered by clear acrylic?
Now yer confusin' me! I believe you answered your own question regarding coffeehouse acrylic above, with this (from Mike Latham via Modoc ED-- also above in this thread) delineating the differences more specifically...?
Per "knifeswapper" (Mike Latham) at www.collectorknves.net - a paid dealer sponsor here at Blade Forums:
GEC uses the term perylic for their acrylic slabs that have pearl-like chips in them. So they have 3 acrylic products - acrylic, percrylic, and looking glass (they also have a more expensive non-mosaic looking glass that they call looking glass+). All are surfaced with the same material.

Or is the last sentence ("all surfaced with the same material") throwing you off? I read that to mean that it's the same material, whether suffused all the way through with color (acrylic), clear with suffused chips (percrylic), or clear atop sheets of finer material (looking glass, looking glass+).

But I've been wrong before. ;)

My two are most definitely "solid" materials, color all the way through.

These look cool in pics but they come alive in person, atleast the coffee house does. I may need to pick up another for comparison :D

Oh, you're absolutely right. I'm grateful for everyone's good pictures, but some of the best of them can still only hint at some of the "fire" and visual depth that comes alive in person.

~ P.

You nailed it P, that last sentence ("all surfaced with the same material") did indeed throw me off, thanks for clarifying that point.

but some of the best of them can still only hint at some of the "fire" and visual depth that comes alive in person.

:thumbup:

I know this is a small, tiny, itsy-bitsy, point but it is Perylic not Percrylic. I've checked that against all my tubes, and some corresponded between GEC and myself and GEC's site itself. I don't know why Mike spelled it that way - perhaps an oversight. Anyway, the Perylic spelling sets if off from Acrylic although some do intermingle Acrylic/Perylic.

I wish they'd make some of the covers available again - Lava Lamp, Blue Oyster, and Grandma's Kitchen Floor just to name three.

Last edited:
I like the Acrylics. Do they scratch easily?

Yes, they will scratch just as any other material but I wouldn't say Acrylic/Perylic scratch easily. I used to have a Calf Roper with Dead Skunk acrylic covers. Whenever it started showing signs of scratching, I would polish it with plastic polish and a Dremel Tool with a cotton buffing bit/wheel. I might add that if scratched heavily, acrylic/perylic take on a dull look. Overall though, these covers are very tough and wear well.

Oh my...pulse is quickening.....really digging the pattern & the acrylic!!! When, may I ask did you land that beauty??

Peter
Hi Peter,

It was over a year ago, I scoured the web and lucked out!

Cheers,
Griff

<ETA> I really need to get a pic of the Root Beer Float acrylic Outlaw jack that I have too.

I know this is a small, tiny, itsy-bitsy, point but it is Perylic not Percrylic. I've checked that against all my tubes, and some corresponded between GEC and myself and GEC's site itself. I don't know why Mike spelled it that way - perhaps an oversight. Anyway, the Perylic spelling sets if off from Acrylic although some do intermingle Acrylic/Perylic.

Thanks for the clarification. :thumbup:

I wish they'd make some of the covers available again - Lava Lamp, Blue Oyster, and Grandma's Kitchen Floor just to name three.

Well, if talking covers we'd like to see again, I feel no acrylic thread is complete without Purple Haze:
A/k/a, "Starry Night." Not my picture, and indeed the only image I've seen of one of these, anywhere. I believe there were only three made....

<ETA> I really need to get a pic of the Root Beer Float acrylic Outlaw jack that I have too.

What say. ;)

hmmm, where is Boggs (if you know what i mean)? :thumbup::thumbup:

Having just browsed his pictures in the current 4" Serpentine thread, I've decided I'd like Boggs to put all his pocket knives in his pockets and, like, walk around. Golly dog, what a collection!

:)

~ P.

Boggs that copper melt is amazing. I also really like that cinnamon sugar, first not dealer shot I have seen and it looks great :thumbup: Thanks for sharing a little snip of your collection :D

Sarahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Am I to interpret that as to take a long walk off a short pier....................jealous

Sarahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Am I to interpret that as to take a long walk off a short pier....................jealous

Oh, I hope not! It's mostly, when people ask for pictures of such and such, you so often have an array of what I'd call "best in class," so beautifully photographed. And having seen more examples All At Once in a couple concurrent threads (sensory overload!), it suddenly amused me* to consider all those pocket knives, pocketed. And then your trying to move.

Not that I wouldn't clank and waddle quite a bit on my onesies after pocketing my own pocketknives, far more than I would have a year ago? ;)

But in seriousness, I love your collected knives, and how you present them, and the multitude of illustrative examples you bring to bear when pictures of certain knives/attributes are solicited within a given thread.

If my humor was misguided (or ill-conveyed), I am truly sorry.

~ P.

*I am sometimes easily, idiosyncratically, amused....

Last edited:
Back