Show Us Your Discontinued Benchmades

Old-school scales on an 800-1001 knife,
IMG_4465.jpg
Did the 1001 come with blue/black G10 scales? I don't think I've ever seen one?

Does anyone know the name of this model? It was a gift. I've had it a while but stopped using it because it kept opening accidentally in my pocket.
A304QAS.jpg

Definitely a fake.
Wow, if so then it's a pretty good for a fake. F&F is similar to other Benchmades I own, and the box it came in looked legit. But I'll admit I never saw one like it in the normal distribution channels. Thanks.

Yes. Benchmade fakes have actually gotten better with time. That's where knowing the product makes all the difference. I know BKC receives an lot of these 'things' for LifeSharp services. There must be a dumpster out there back of the factory, just guessing. Good pic CM!

A majority of my Benchmades is now discontinued, my currently most active EDC is still made though (the 551-1)
BM551-1_03.jpg

BM551-1_04.jpg

The Stryker and the mini-AFCK is my oldest, bought them in 1998 I think.

Nice line-up, M Mikke . The 705 is my favorite small knife as it's a perfect companion for the 710, but you don't see a lot of those around as they weren't produced for long being supplanted by the aptly named Sequel. I have several 710s and 705s.

I like your mini-AFCK. I haven't been able to find a non-serrated mini so far to go with my 800. Nice BlueStar too. I've got large and small DarkStars, but the BlueStar has so far eluded me. We've got a few Strykers here as well, but all AXIS models.

Thanks for posting those.

Thanks!
I really like the 710, though I'm not totally in love with D2, I'm really tempted to get the KW 710-1401 before it's too late, but I have other knives tempting me as well, and not the funds to get everything...

The mini-AFCK does have the perfect EDC size blade for me, but the handle is simply too small for me to become a favourite. I did carry it quite a lot when it was new, but the Stryker often won out, and while neither one of them enters the EDC rotation very often nowdays, the mini-AFCK almost never does.

The 551-1 is what sits in my pocket today, and a majority of days. What can I say, I like G10 and love the 20CV steel, it's smoother then anything else I own (or have tried), no blade play, perfect centering, really nice knife. :)

Thanks!
I really like the 710, though I'm not totally in love with D2, I'm really tempted to get the KW 710-1401 before it's too late, but I have other knives tempting me as well, and not the funds to get everything...

The mini-AFCK does have the perfect EDC size blade for me, but the handle is simply too small for me to become a favourite. I did carry it quite a lot when it was new, but the Stryker often won out, and while neither one of them enters the EDC rotation very often nowdays, the mini-AFCK almost never does.

The 551-1 is what sits in my pocket today, and a majority of days. What can I say, I like G10 and love the 20CV steel, it's smoother then anything else I own (or have tried), no blade play, perfect centering, really nice knife. :)
I have 5 Grips, all with aftermarket scales. I was a bit underwhelmed by the gray G10 with blue liners when the -1s came out, but I bought a 550-1 for my wife's birthday. I really liked the knife when in hand and the 20CV steel was scary-sharp out of the box. She absolutely loves it and it's become her favorite carry.

So here's my new baby. I'd say an old disco'd BMK that's new to me, but this one seems to me completely BNIB, showing a bit of mileage on the box, but unused, no fingerprints, factory edge, etc, etc. Also dead centered with pretty decent action for being unused so long.

I've wanted a Bluestar pair to go with my Darkstars for a while and found this one on the Big Auction Site at more than I'd wanted to spend, but jumped on it anyway as I'd bought from that seller previously and trusted his description. I had my numbers confused as there's a fair amount of bad info out there re old BMK model names and numbers. I thought I was buying a full-size, when in fact this one was a mini (885-08/00). I believe the full-size Bluestar is an 886.

Anyway, I'm glad to have this one, though I'm unsure how it'll fit in. It's a collectible for sure and just the amount I've handled it renders it LNIB now, though that probably doesn't diminish its value much. I've carried both my Darkstars, though as much as I like them, they're not really very practical knives. The mini was LNIB and the full needed a re-profile to correct a horrendous but not wholly-uncorrectable "sharpening".

I'll keep looking for a big brother in nice shape for this one.

udHMW3Y.jpg

X4OkEia.jpg

IMG_2996.JPG IMG_0937.JPG You're right ChazzyP ChazzyP , it will never find a spot in your collection.......but it will in mine and I think you should get it right out to me brother!
Hey!! Just lookin to help out a friend!!
:p
2 of my faves......can't believe they're discoed.
Joe

Well, if I can't decide on using it or not, palonej palonej , you'll be first on the giveaway list for it, right next to the guy I'm giving my house to, and my truck, and my Vermont acreage... :confused:

Everyone needs a friend in these cases, Joe.

--Steve

I feel so special now Steve!!!
:D

Well, if I can't decide on using it or not, palonej palonej , you'll be first on the giveaway list for it, right next to the guy I'm giving my house to, and my truck, and my Vermont acreage... :confused:

Everyone needs a friend in these cases, Joe.

--Steve

Back