Show Us Your Gunstock Traditionals

qOpECrJ.jpg

What does 44 S mean?

S means a store knife, possibly have a fault, talked to Bill and asked him why so many stag 44's marked S as I did not see anything wrong with them at all. He stated that at the end of the production line is an oil bath that the knives go in. Stag being a natural material sometimes changes color in the bath so the put them aside and don't sell them, he has found after the knife sits awhile the stag reverts back to its original color. So all these 44's really had nothing wrong with them.

This thread has been idle for far too long. Here's where I'm at on collecting Gunstocks which has become my favorite pattern by a wide margin. Still looking for that mythical stag 44. Once I lock that down I may start looking for some 76's but those are even harder to find. I had 2 Robeson (queen made) gunstocks at one time and for reasons I can't explain sold them off. They were extremely well made.

IMG_1369.jpg

This thread has been idle for far too long. Here's where I'm at on collecting Gunstocks which has become my favorite pattern by a wide margin. Still looking for that mythical stag 44. Once I lock that down I may start looking for some 76's but those are even harder to find. I had 2 Robeson (queen made) gunstocks at one time and for reasons I can't explain sold them off. They were extremely well made.

View attachment 2147828
Very nice collection of fine Gunstock knives!

View attachment 2147828
Great collection! I'm glad you revived this thread cause I have never seen it. I'm actually waiting on the jig bone with brass bolsters 44 to complete my set, but when I get it in the mail I'll post a pic.

Great collection! I'm glad you revived this thread cause I have never seen it. I'm actually waiting on the jig bone with brass bolsters 44 to complete my set, but when I get it in the mail I'll post a pic.
Can’t wait to see your whole crew Tyler! As you can see I had to go scope out a sweet user coco 44 from ephsea ephsea to replace the gem that now resides in your holster. Win-Win!

1A964C15-F065-4873-926D-AC424A140E75.jpeg

Back