Show us your Ryan W. knives!!!

Hey Grafton,
That is a blast from the not too distant past. One of my first customers, that is an early Search & Rescue with Cocobolo scales! Thanks for posting!

Love seeing these blades thanks again everyone for sharing and the support

Was taking a pic of some EDC bag / pocket content for another thread and it just so happens there was a Weeks in there.

That Proto EDT is getting some beautiful Patina! Thanks for sharing Jonas my friend! Who did you have make the Kydex Sheath?

That Proto EDT is getting some beautiful Patina! Thanks for sharing Jonas my friend! Who did you have make the Kydex Sheath?

I actually made the sheath from some leftover kydex I had. Made a few holster for family Christmas gifts. Not a Buy Brown but it works. :D

And yes I love the patina! Im growing more and more fond of carbon steels on my fixed blades for that very reason. Adds so much character.

Hey Grafton,
That is a blast from the not too distant past. One of my first customers, that is an early Search & Rescue with Cocobolo scales! Thanks for posting!

Love seeing these blades thanks again everyone for sharing and the support

Your first sale on BF if I remember right. Still the best sheath for blade retention I own, never have to worry about that one falling out. Congrats to you on your success.

Here are a few pics of the knife that I got from Ryan.

The first pic is one that Ryan put together as the knife was being made.

birth.jpg

RWKig_zpsc3b36dfc.jpg

RWKbrin_zpsea77b1a7.jpg
[/URL]

Well, time and weather finally cooperated enough to get out after some halibut. Pulled in mostly cod, but put a couple of smallish 'buts on the boat. Pulled out my PSK to help out the fillet knife as required. Took an initial pic, but then got too busy cutting (and fish slimy) to take any "action" pics.

This one is about 25 lbs, a big fish in general but small for a halibut - I think the PSK gives a good perspective of scale.

JT9U2OW.jpg

Oh, here's one my SIL took:

vDXTZUz.jpg

Jealous!! I have a buddy up by you Shane that is reeling in the fish like a mad man! Believe he is in Kodiak working for the Coast Guard.

Jealous!! I have a buddy up by you Shane that is reeling in the fish like a mad man! Believe he is in Kodiak working for the Coast Guard.

Some incredible fishing around Kodiak. A bit too far, and sometimes too big water, for me to get there in my boat..

Just stumbled upon this thread and I have some photos I been meaning to post for awhile now, so here it goes.

After closely watching the CAS - RyanW Collaboration Knife (WIP) thread below for the 3-4 months it took to complete, I contacted Ryan to commission a version of the first design. I thought this guard-less design was a little more true to Ryan's traditional work.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1015849-CAS-RyanW-Collaboration-Knife-(WIP)

And after a long wait I was very pleased with the outcome, it came out fantastic, in fact my favorite of his to date.

As you can see I a big fan of both Claudio's and Ryan's work!!!

WOW......Impressive!!!!!!

Jay

From the SPK pass around.

[video=youtube;qugWu651LjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qugWu651LjI[/video]

This one could be yours... just follow the LINK in order to enter and possibly win!
(I have this knife now, and I'm making a sweet leather sheath for it. It MELTS into your hand. An excellent knife by all measures)

Sometimes smaller is better, less is more etc.
91973806_3043040062414131_1611465093734727680_o.jpg

...and carbon fiber is really cool.
92466342_3043042039080600_2846114431505530880_o.jpg

Back