Show your favorite gun

this one aint bad either
Kimber.jpg

and I can do this with my little glock 26;) :thumbup:
target.jpg

:)
and I can do this with my little glock 26;) :thumbup:
target.jpg

Nice weapon and darn good shootin' there Brian :thumbup: Sure is fun isn't it :) That's something I never get tired of

T Blade said:
Maybe I'll just get her more pissed about something else , to lessen the severity of her being pissed about buying the handgun.

Now you're talkin' :D That always works, and if you do it right she'll only be mad for a day or two ;)

Just picked this up! My first NH gun purchase. Its a Ruger MKIII "hunter" .22lr.

Here it was stock:
1.jpg

Here it is after I made it some grips:
3.jpg

Heres the first 40 rounds I put through it! Not bad for not having shot a pistol in years!
2.jpg

That's nice, Dave! I lke that fluted barrel. Do they still engrave the "Warning: guns may be hazardous. Read manual" BS on the piece?

I have a "Pre-Warning" mark 1 bull barrel model that has always been a tack driver.

Nice target guns.

Man I made a long and happy reply to this and lost it when my connection died. Maybe I'll take some pictures this evening and let them do the talking. I for sure don't have as nice of guns as you guys do, but I have fun with em. :D

That's nice, Dave! I lke that fluted barrel. Do they still engrave the "Warning: guns may be hazardous. Read manual" BS on the piece?

I have a "Pre-Warning" mark 1 bull barrel model that has always been a tack driver.

Nice target guns.

Hah they sure do....so lame....at least its out of sight!

Well I've got quite a few to choose from, but I guess my old Springfield 1911 is still my favorite. Maybe its the grips!
Thanks for looking,
Scott

GREENSLIMUTILITY2.jpg

George,
Looking at your post I see a striking resemblance between the woman in your avatar and the girl on my grips! I always tell people that my wife posed for that scrim, now I'm beginning to wonder!
Scott

Dave, :thumbup:

Nice score,

As Fitz said that fluted barrel is real cool, I also like the stainless option.

I've always said that dollar for dollar, Ruger is probably the best gun on the planet. I'm not the only one who says that, years back I was in a gunsmith shop and I was showed a Smith & Wesson Model 29 (.44mag.) with a large balloon about 3/4 the way up on a 10" barrel. The owner of the shop said that it was caused by a competition shooter, who did all his own reloading, (Not uncommon for the competition guys).

Well apparently while dropping charges he missed a cartridge. While in the heat of competition this round got in the gun and when he squeezed the trigger there was enough barrel pressure from the primer going off and lodged a round in the barrel (I really don’t know how you could miss the lack of recoil
:jerkit: in a gun like that). Upon firing the next round,,,well,,,,ergo the ballooned barrel. The owner/gunsmith of the shop said that if that were a Ruger Redhawk, it would have just spit the two rounds out without any damage to the gun.

That's probably one of the reasons I have 6 Rugers.

Well, I went and done it. Bit the 1911 bug hard. This one is snappy since its a lightweight version but man she carries oh so nice!!!
only 26 oz.
colt_lightweight.jpg

George,
Looking at your post I see a striking resemblance between the woman in your avatar and the girl on my grips! I always tell people that my wife posed for that scrim, now I'm beginning to wonder!
Scott
HEHEHEHEHE!!!!! I think you are right. I'll show the pic of your gun and what you said to Helen.:thumbup: It will make her day. ;) ;) :cool:

Favorite gun? They're all my favorite! :D I've said it a thousand times here and I keep proving it's true: I'm cheap. You'll see. But there's not a clinker in the bunch, despite their modest price.

Norinco45.jpg

Norinco 1911. Someone spiffed this up with a match barrel and a heavy spring, and added Pachmayrs and some kind of major night sight. The sights are so bright it's like I'm in a science fiction movie when I open the bedside drawer in the dark and it's glowing inside... If I have a favorite gun, this is it.

HiPoint45.jpg

Hi-Point 45. I heard you laugh! :D Some people make fun of Hi-Point because they're cheap and so butt ugly. But it's what I use when I'm throwing mass quantities of lead downrange. I don't have any complaints about this gun, it's a blast. But it is ugly, even a mother would have to admit that.

Smith38Special.jpg

Rossi 38 Special. This is the gun I sleep with. I really like its stainless easy care. The Pachmayr-like grip is a comfy touch. This was the first gun my dog ever heard, and the poor thing pissed herself. To this day she tries to crawl into bed with us when kids are setting off fireworks around July 4th. I guess she'll never go hunting with me.

38Special.jpg

38 Special. I put the pink ivory grips on this when I gave it to my wife.

Bersa380.jpg

Bersa 380. This is my carry gun. Small as it is, it's still a little big for me to carry; sticks out of my pocket. :) I wonder if anyone makes a 10mm derringer?

That's it for handguns. My brother just bought a little Kel-Tec 380 that's just sweet as pie. I'm thinking about trying to track one of those down for myself, it's small and light, you could carry it as easily as your keys. With a nasty enough round it'd probably make the BGs cry, cry, cry.

Damn, anyone need a welder/fabricator/knifemaker in the states? Willing to move for more "law-abiding citizen friendly" gun laws. I've actually got two 870's, a Husquavarna 30-06, a savage .17HMR, and an old Hiawatha .22LR. No pistols though (too much time, money, and political bs involved).

Green with pistol envy,
Nathan

Havent been doing knives much lately, but heres a fun little piece i picked up:

Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm Compact
mp.jpg

Its pretty tiny! It holds 12+1. I have small hands so its perfect for me. Its a little smaller than a glock 26 and not as boxy.

Back