Simple users

iw8egRk.jpg
The more time and use I put on it the more I appreciate the scrapyard ws1020. It is in its third deer season and it just keeps getting better. It takes a keen edge and holds it well, dressed the third deer of the year last night and I just gave it a little touch up on a ceramic rod, didn’t even really need that I just wanted to. It is a great hunting knife and a real workhorse.

iw8egRk.jpg
The more time and use I put on it the more I appreciate the scrapyard ws1020. It is in its third deer season and it just keeps getting better. It takes a keen edge and holds it well, dressed the third deer of the year last night and I just gave it a little touch up on a ceramic rod, didn’t even really need that I just wanted to. It is a great hunting knife and a real workhorse.
Btw, I hear ya on takin a keen edge - this Ganza Strip Poker I just got, my goodness does it sharpen up nice! Very keen indeed!
It's basically the same as your ws1020 I believe- it's. 115"

Btw, I hear ya on takin a keen edge - this Ganza Strip Poker I just got, my goodness does it sharpen up nice! Very keen indeed!
It's basically the same as your ws1020 I believe- it's. 115"
I am curious how the new AEBL models will compare in that department. Being stainless is a great feature for a hunting knife but it’s hard to beat the sharpening ease of a lot of carbons.

I am curious how the new AEBL models will compare in that department. Being stainless is a great feature for a hunting knife but it’s hard to beat the sharpening ease of a lot of carbons.
I hear ya. But, have you considered Wicked Wax by Fred DiPrete? (DiPrete Forge)
It's awesome & food safe. And Fred is a great guy that will answer any question ya have.
I really like the stuff. I got mine thru DLT Trading- I could really care less about stainless steels now...

The WS 10-20 is in my top 5 fixed blades.

The thin stock and great handle shape make it my most powerful wood carver when held in a hammer grip (in direct comparison with all of my other fixed outdoor knives).
68CED4A6-16E3-430F-A798-D085109DAF59.jpeg

By the way, does anyone know why it’s called the WS 10-20? It was put out in October of 2020, but why WS? Wauseon?

For that matter, why do we call them “fixed” blades??? 🤔

Last edited:
I would think we call them "fixed" blades because of the fixed-permenant position of the blade itself- she sure won't fold or retract...that would be my guess
As far as the WS 1020 - I'm thinking the S may stand for "Series" but, not sure about the W. Unless it stood for Weight because if I'm not mistaken Res-C is a bit more lighter than traditional Micarta or G10 Scales?
I dunno...could be totally wrong.

I hear ya. But, have you considered Wicked Wax by Fred DiPrete? (DiPrete Forge)
It's awesome & food safe. And Fred is a great guy that will answer any question ya have.
I really like the stuff. I got mine thru DLT Trading- I could really care less about stainless steels now...
I am personally fine with carbon steel, there are pros and cons to both. When I explain care for carbon blades to some of my non knife guy hunting buddies it’s a turn off for them. I use a dab of frog lube on my carbon blades usually and it has served me well, the tub I have will probably last me the rest of my life.

I am personally fine with carbon steel, there are pros and cons to both. When I explain care for carbon blades to some of my non knife guy hunting buddies it’s a turn off for them. I use a dab of frog lube on my carbon blades usually and it has served me well, the tub I have will probably last me the rest of my life.
Gotta be totally honest, I wouldn't touch Frog Lube with a 39& a 1/2 foot pole 😳
That stuff ruined a many a handgun....
Lots of horror stories on that stuff..
It just eventually gums up into a real mess.
Not trying to be a downer bro, I just don't like Frog Lube or the marketing behind it....it was a real snake oil so to speak

Gotta be totally honest, I wouldn't touch Frog Lube with a 39& a 1/2 foot pole 😳
That stuff ruined a many a handgun....
Lots of horror stories on that stuff..
It just eventually gums up into a real mess.
Not trying to be a downer bro, I just don't like Frog Lube or the marketing behind it....it was a real snake oil so to speak
Gotta admit, I bought froglube years ago and it jammed my gun. I now use it on my knives for rust protection lol. it smells really nice

Gotta admit, I bought froglube years ago and it jammed my gun. I now use it on my knives for rust protection lol. it smells really nice
I reckon its different for knives - didn't mean to sound like a jerk- I just dont care for that stuff too much

I reckon its different for knives - didn't mean to sound like a jerk- I just dont care for that stuff too much

Actually, it's a known issue. I have seen a bunch of guns cold weather jam because of that stuff. But it is edible and smells like spearmint gum 😂

I agree. I had some cold weather issues with it on guns as well so it doesn’t go near them anymore but that little tub of will last forever and it is good for rust prevention and it smells nice while being food safe. I don’t really recommend it, just have a lifetime supply of it 😂

I agree. I had some cold weather issues with it on guns as well so it doesn’t go near them anymore but that little tub of will last forever and it is good for rust prevention and it smells nice while being food safe. I don’t really recommend it, just have a lifetime supply of it 😂
I heard that! 😃

I heard that! 😃
Just an afterthought…… I usually don’t put anything on the blade between uses during season (September to January for me). Just wash it well and dry it off completely, never had a problem with it. Then I put an extremely thin coat of frog lube on the blade after season since it will be sitting for a while.

Thank you! This is what I use on leather sheaths
obenaufs
Great stuff !!!! I use it a lot and on lighter leather it darkens it nicely.

For my blades I’ve had really good results with Odies oil. I’ve used their Odie universal , wood butter and the wax. The universal and wood butter work wonders on micarta. Seems to hold up well for me.

I just got some frog lube to try on my knives. Firearms it’s usually CLP , Balistol , both seem to work well

Back