Simple users

WS-1020 is great blade. We have one in the barn that has been there since the first release. To date it has been used on 1 steer, 5 hogs and atleast 15 deer. A good cleanup and some mineral oil and back on the shelf she goes, waiting for the next job.

Garth

I only use Coconut oil on my knives. I normally use my knives on food and don’t trust oils. I got my WS-1020 when they released .A perfect Skinner. I think WS stands for Waueson Shop.

Gotta admit, I bought froglube years ago and it jammed my gun. I now use it on my knives for rust protection lol. it smells really nice
I did the same and used it on SR101 and it rusted in my house. Untreated SR101 was fine on my other knives. I won't use it anymore.

The WS-1020 and the like are great blades and would like to see regular offerings in that style. Stainless would be preferred by me.

Got my GSP slabs Dyed, I think they look great compared to there tan? There’s seemed very light for my taste. I used it to cut up an onion and wiped it down when done but still got some patina or possibly rust. I’ll try to polish it out this weekend
Anyways here’s some pictures.
IMG_2431.jpegIMG_2426.jpeg

You've probably posted this somewhere, MacLaren1 MacLaren1 , but what are you using to sharpen your knives?! It looks like you took the primary bevel on both your GSP and Trustee back a bit, which should make them lasers! Surely you didn't do all that with just a strop!
No sir.....not hardly.
I use the new Work Sharp Professional Precision Adjust. The stones are freakin excellent & I've also got some 3M adhesive lapping films to go up 15k grit if I want. (Actually a lot higher if I really want)
It also came with an angle cube, which imo, is a MUST.
It's a fantastic system imho.
Here's my Chaves 229 Liberation Tanto -M390 Steel, which I LOVE for a pocket knife.
20240102_010912.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the system itself
20240104_104557.jpg20240104_104630.jpg20240104_104645.jpg
Here's a good video on the use of the 3M Adhesive Lapping Films- and a link where to buy them.
Busse TACSAW7
20231119_133908.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the system itself

Busse TACSAW7
Ahh... OK! Very nice! I probably should look into getting one of those. i've always just freehanded. Sometimes great... sometimes not. NEVER as perfect as the bevels with this, though.

Ahh... OK! Very nice! I probably should look into getting one of those. i've always just freehanded. Sometimes great... sometimes not. NEVER as perfect as the bevels with this, though.
Can't recommend one enough.
Think you'll be very happy with it.
Tremendous value imo.

Back