Sleeping with knives

I know this is a strange post, but I wanted to know if anyone else sleeps with a knife in their bed. Either under the pillow, on the nightstand, or in hand like I do. It's a bad habit, and my wife hates it. I do practice safe habits when doing this by never sleeping with autos, assisted openers(ok, I slept with a ZT350 last night), or unsheathed fixed blades(unprotected).
I'm actually quite serious about this, and wanted to know if I'm the only one.

Blackjack 1-7, .38 snubbie,pepper spray and an old wooden police club in the nightstand.--KV

Since i'm constanly fondling my knives YES!:) Got around 3 knives on bed while going night night. I have my Mossberg 500 Persuader loaded with slugs and 00 buck shot every other round for actual protection though. There's always one knife on the bed, usually folder.

I uhh...wow, no. I don't sleep with a knife in hand, in my bed, or on my bedside stand. I have multiple firearms in reach. If I end up having need a knife in the event of a home invasion, something took a drastic turn that I can't even imagine.

Glock mod21, Gerber combat auto, SOG tactical hawk, tactical flaslight. Oh yeah and a 10lb dry chem fire extinguisher, I am a firefighter after all. Of course this is on the nightstand not in bed.

Gun, knife, and flashlight on the nightstand.
If I slept with a knife in hand, I would do something stupid like pick my nose or scratch my butt with it.

I put whatever knife I was carrying on my bed stand, along with whatever else I was carrying. Anything else.... I'm not that into it.

I know this is a strange post, but I wanted to know if anyone else sleeps with a knife in their bed. Either under the pillow, on the nightstand, or in hand like I do. It's a bad habit, and my wife hates it. I do practice safe habits when doing this by never sleeping with autos, assisted openers(ok, I slept with a ZT350 last night), or unsheathed fixed blades(unprotected).
I'm actually quite serious about this, and wanted to know if I'm the only one.

I can see why she hates it !
Never heard of anyone that sleeps with a knife in their hand.

I keep a Glock 27, a Surefire light, and a few knives on the nightstand right by my bed, but have never slept with any of those.

Only when I'm too tired to take it out of my pocket...I've definitely woken up with a few ZT shaped imprints on my side haha. :)

I keep a Glock 27, a Surefire light, and a few knives on the nightstand right by my bed, but have never slept with any of those.

I have my Glock 27 and Surefire strapped to my molle ballistic vest tucked between the nightstand and bed. :thumbup:

Um, no. I leave my pocket knife on my desk which is in a different room. Usually drop it there when I get home. I can't conceive of why I would want a knife with me while I am sleeping. They aren't teddy bears. They are tools you carry around in your pocket.

I keep a flashlight in my night stand, a fighting cane in arms reach, and a Colt 1911 /.45 hidden two steps from my bed.
At one time I kept a knife (Spyderco necker) in a sheath hanging from a small nail from my night stand. That was when my son was young and I had a revolver with a gun lock, in a bedroom closet.
I can understand your wife's aversion to your knife sleeping habit; why don't you just keep it handy, in easy reach next to your bed?
Jury rig a fixed blade fighting knife (in a sheath) to hang in a position you can easily reach from your bed.
What I would like to know is, where is your knife when you wake up in the morning? Do you have to look for it in your bed?

This is too funny because I was recently wondering the same thing. I sleep in sport shorts so I usually have a folder clipped to my right pocket. Not because I'm paranoid, I just feel naked without a knife in my pocket.

I notice not having a knife on me faster than I notice not having my wallet or cellphone. But that's why I'm a member on this site, so I can feel better about myself and my obsession of knives compared to you nutjobs :p;).

If I have a knife near my bed, it's for utility purposes only.

If your goal is self defense, you'd be better off with a bright flashlight in your hand than a knife.

Back