Slight used HI Farm Kknife for 7/7

I took a liking to that swelling foaming glue about six years ago when my house burned down. My new house is glued together with that stuff only it comes in much larger quantities. Many uses for that stuff!
b4f1bd55da974d7a293a208016f39709

All them triangles are sealed with the stuff. Ceiling is 25 feet.
d8c2b274d5ebed3556fc221433415257

Walls are a KLVUK thick:D

Ndog your ceiling calls to mind the interior of a geodesic dome I saw once back in the UK.

Exactly what it is. A geodesic dome. Seen pictures of him barefoot (as usual) wandering around the roof hanging from a rope.

ndog:

I've been wondering about the dome house ever since you first mentioned it.

1. What are the triangular pieces made of?
2. How can a space that size be heated on a cold day, or cooled on a hot day?
3. How long have you been working on it, and how close is it to completion?
4. Are you living in it now?

Are you going to create smaller, rectangular living spaces inside the dome? Like a bedroom? That would be one way of dealing with the heating/cooling issue.

ndog:

I've been wondering about the dome house ever since you first mentioned it.

1. What are the triangular pieces made of?
2. How can a space that size be heated on a cold day, or cooled on a hot day?
3. How long have you been working on it, and how close is it to completion?
4. Are you living in it now?

Are you going to create smaller, rectangular living spaces inside the dome? Like a bedroom? That would be one way of dealing with the heating/cooling issue.
Some of the dome houses I've been in are almost self sustaining as far as heating/cooling goes. His walls are very thick, I noticed so I'd say minimal amounts to sustain it. But I don't know in Texas where he lives.

David Ill fill you in on the dome questions soon. I could talk about them all day. Target tomorrow evening after a cold one:thumbsup: I'm using google Sketch-up for design so i can scrounge up some drawings. Maybe ill do a separate thread on the doghouse:D. We did live in there but we moved to a new finished smaller house next to so we could get the second floor done in the dome. Plan is to connect them both together and then move to the dome using the small house as an extension to the dome for guest/family. Good to have certain guests and mils at a distance sometimes;). It will still be a while before I can move in again depending on how lazy im feelin. Im about to pour concrete now and begin building the room that connects them. I still got lots of concrete, electrical, and plumbing to do so its one of them projects you prolly never finish. I dont think I have that many years on me to get er fully done. Just gotta enjoy the journey they say!

I've got several pictures I found of the dome house I was in. I can post if y'all want to see it. If so, I'll move it to the cantina instead of on this forum if y'all want to see. Photos really doesn't do it justice and I hate I didn't take a picture of it outside!

Back