12. Elephant
13. The 'UK Legal'

LOL! Hope it helps.

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Well, the "UK Legal Sheep" eh? Kind of makes you proud to be British, what? Wayne are you sure you've not been slipped a joint?
biggrin.gif

I have heard that the price of second hand wellies has plummeted in Wales and it may be linked to the Foot and Mouth outbreak and subsequent slaughter of "loved ones" what do you know?
tongue.gif

SD

rolleyes.gif
!!! Man that old joke was old in Mose's day...
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

The Passenger.

You already have a Navigator and a Co-Pilot aboard, plus Iggy Pop already wrote a song for the commercial
wink.gif

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

colobfan -- hey, John. Great to see your name again. Very glad you're back at the forums. Hope you continue to heal quickly and regain your strength.
Dave

A few suggestions:
Sidekick
Pard
Partner
Cohort
Co-worker
Shotgun
Brief
Arachnid
Mate
Pal – been used?
Backup
Tactful
Buddy
Friend
Playmate
Soul Mate
Pithy
Helper
Aide
Spike
Spikey

I'll try more later, maybe,

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Paqrdon if some of these have been used, I just read all the suggestions, so might come up with a few that I thought were mine. Anyway:

Companion
Wanderer
Meander
Student
Pupal (not sure on spelling, as in Student)
Handy
Basic
Pocket (if it comes sans clip)
Parcel
Carry
Simple

Just a few ideas, and yes, i am tired, and no, I can't spell, so please excuse any possible mistakes.

E

More:
Stealth
Sly
Covert
Enigma
Riddle
Challenge
Defiant
Brave
Stealth
Roundabout
Constant
Reliant
Conundrum
Valiant
Intrepid
Fearless
Dauntless
Epic
Undaunted
Carefree
Cavalier
Resolute
Balance

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

How about:

The fascist: for those places where the deadly ladybug is just too illegal

Seriously, though, it sounds like a good idea. I just have a hard time giving up the lockback, especially since every slipjoint I've ever owned has collapsed on my fingers and cut me at some point. Hopefully the finger choil/other features will prevent this from happening.

Out of curiousity, if its a 2" blade, how large is the opening hole? How thick is the blade? Dragonfly size? Ladybug size?
What is the handle going to be made of? I'm hoping for either stainless steel or carbon fiber. Will it have a pocket clip? If so, it might be cool if the clip doubles as a money clip - would make it more of a gentlemens knife.

I realize most of these questions won't be answered since its still just a proto-type. Also, a carbon fiber handle might make it less popular due to price, but it sounds neat.

Here a few name ideas:
The wanderer
The mini-chef
the no-tac (tactical)
The jalapeno (it's hot!)
The vacationer
The whittle-maker
The liberal utopia (what do you need that switchblade for?)
The backpacker
The scout
The jupiter (king of knives)

"In a world of super-locks, here's one with no lock at all."

I still like the suggestion of "The slippy." Just as an interesting sidenote, go to www.dictionary.com click on the thesaurus button and type in slip. Some pretty interesting results (failure, oblivion, etc).
smile.gif

I'm certain I'll end up with at least one of these - spyderco's first slip joint, something new and very different - I'm pretty excited.

-- Rob

------------------
-----------------------

Me fail english? Thats unpossible!

I see some very unusual and some very usuable names. thanx much. If we use one of the names (& we didn't already have it listed on our own list), we'll be sure to send a "gift" to the originator.

sal

Back