1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Small Handful Of Geminis (HOG) Coming Wednesday (7-17-19) At 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    While rearranging some machinery and cleaning out, what my Mom referred to as every "Nook and Cranny" in the shop, we came across a ridiculous number of finished and semi-finished blades that are leftover from years of special runs. Many of these were made for different groups, teams, and others. Most of these overruns are extremely small in number but there should be quite a few to choose from over the coming months.

Interesting side note:
    In 1969, my family bought the 40 acres on which the Busse Combat Compound now sits. My Mom named it "Nook and Cranny Farm". This year marks the 50th anniversary of this land being in the Busse name.

Our first offer in this series is a Small Handful Of Geminis (Small HOG). These are Forsaken Geminis that are "Sterile" with a Double Cut finish and Black Canvas Micarta handles.

This model was NEVER offered to the public in a DC finish and if it had been it would have been priced at $417.00

Forsaken Gemini Specs And Pricing:
    Overall Length: Approx. 13.6"
    Blade Length: Approx. 8.2
    Blade Thickness: Approx. .220"
    Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Tech (CBT)
    Handles: Black Canvas
    Steel: INFI
    Blade Mark: Sterile (No Mark) or optional Busse logo (No Charge)
    Hardness: 58-60 Rc
    Finish: Busse Industrial Grade Double Cut (BIG DC)
    (Light machining marks may be visible)

Price:
    Regular Price: $417.00 . . . Special Offer: $397.00

Ordering Procedures:

This offer will be handled "Ganzaaa Style" which means that if you want in, you must email BOTH Amy and Garth at:
    [email protected] AND [email protected] with your real name, shipping address, and contact info as well as the quantity that you wish to purchase.

***These knives are sterile (no logo) but we are offering the Busse logo as an option at no additional charge. If you do not specify that you want the logo, it will be shipped sterile!

If we receive your email before 9:00 pm Eastern you will be moved to the back of the line.

Orders will be taken in the order in which they are received.

These knives should be ready to ship within 2 weeks. Your cards will NOT be charged until your finished knife is sitting in the shipping room and ready to go! All Payments are due within 3 business days or your knives making it to the shipping room. If payment is not received within these 3 days, it will be passed on to the next person in line.

If you get in too late, or too early, we will automatically place you on the waiting list.

Standard shipping fees apply.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

[​IMG]

2. Dangerneck

Dangerneck Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Bye bye money... how am I ever gonna afford beer? NO BEER. ONLY KNIVES.

Ironkid883 and luethge like this.
  3. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    I would pay another $20 to have Busse logo on this :D

4. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    This actually fills a gap for me :D ~ So I like it! no name is fine, a blind man would know what it is in seconds ;)

WatermanChris likes this.
  5. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    We heard ya and just took care of that for you! Check the ordering procedures. If you specify in your order that you want the logo, we will add it for you at no additional charge.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

6. ambulance830

ambulance830 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Woo! Great offering!

7. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I missed the Forsaken Geminis the first time around. And in the recent Ganzaaa. Maybe this time....

duramax, WatermanChris and Ironkid883 like this.
  8. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Awesome customer service and pure feedback from consumers the best from busse

David Lennon, shqxk and WatermanChris like this.
  9. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    You won john you deserve it i would of had to sit out the alpha if i didnt win so its destiny my friend

hydeinmind and WatermanChris like this.
  10. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    That's awesome!

hydeinmind and WatermanChris like this.
  11. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Very cool! Curious to see what else was lying around the shop.

duramax, WatermanChris and luethge like this.
  12. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Fingers and toes crossed for a stash of original Team Gemini's.....

VashHash and BeastClaw like this.
  13. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I'm hoping Jerry finds a pile of INFI AK-47 Blanks, although I imagine that would be tough to miss. I have to try for one of these!

JACKMANDU likes this.
  14. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Or a few nmfbm's

duramax and WatermanChris like this.
  15. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Hey Jerry, do you think you guys could offer the logo/ no logo as a semi permanent option? I'm sure some hogs might like to have theirs sterile.

16. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Yep. I feel like I can identify just about any Busse with a blindfold on. I used to get more hung up about the logos being visible but now it's all the same to me. Probably my favorite 2 knives ever - my Battle Saw and my SHBM are sterile. Funny how tastes change

gk4ever2 likes this.
  17. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Congrats on the anniversary!
    I can't wait to see what else you guys found in the shop's "nooks and crannies!"

18. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I'm quite sure there is some Crusader Gemini's hidden under the one ton of Tiger hide Micarta that none of them have discovered yet.

blackhat and WatermanChris like this.
  19. Spirch

Spirch

Apr 4, 2012
    wrong timing for me again, only in September / October that i will have enough fund for new one :confused:

20. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
    I’ve never had a problem ordering no logo/sterile, I ordered two FMV8’s that way.

The way Amy explained it to me, as long as it’s an actual Busse and INFI you can get it no logo/sterile. If it’s a Swamp Rat or Scrapyard in INFI though, it has to have the logo.