SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by redsparrow, May 29, 2018.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Ebony #06 Pemberton - 2.75 inches closed [​IMG]

2. christusvictor

christusvictor

Aug 23, 2013
    This new little Boker multi-tool (mini tech tool 4) is a great addition to my smalls collection. Zebra F-701 pen for size comparison.

[​IMG]

TFBraden likes this.
  3. Corso

Corso

Aug 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

touch under 3" C Jonson of Sheffield with the ‘Western Works’ mark I'm told its from around 1860’s

Chief, greg c, Wurrwulf and 11 others like this.
  4. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Looks to be in exceptional condition, very cool!

5. Corso

Corso

Aug 16, 2007
    Thanks - sadly the pen blade is so stiff its unusable but the main blade is OK

6. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    I've heard if you leave it open between the stops so the spring is extra tensioned for an extended time it can lighten the pull. Haven't tried it myself and probably wouldn't on a knife that old.

7. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I've been doing this since last march, difference is hardly noticeable but exists faintly. In fact I never close the knife, except for testing the pull (when my thumbnail is ok). ;)

8. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I haven't broken one yet with my squeeze-a-brad-under-the-tang-in-the-blade-well ploy. It's a lot safer and easier than trying to drive a brad between the tang and the spring.
    Only took me a half-million years to think of it.

9. christusvictor

christusvictor

Aug 23, 2013
    I've had kind of a love-hate relationship with this knife. Still needs a bit more thinning, but its getting there. I have a soft spot for smalls with scissors.

[​IMG]

Peregrin and redsparrow like this.
  10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    It's never worked for me either JP. I can't actually see WHY it would? wearing the spring might lighten it but bracing it? Would not think so.

11. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    This one qualifies 3.25" / 8cm BB Norfolk style

[​IMG]

Chief, TFBraden, Wurrwulf and 5 others like this.
  12. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Nice catch! Seems like new!
    Maybe it is my nail that 's stronger, but now I can open her with more ease than when received (needed a clamp). Took 6 month.

13. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    GEC 06 Pemberton in stag.
    upload_2019-10-4_19-51-59.jpeg

14. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Thanks JP :thumbsup: Every knife I intend to use gets the valet treatment: the pile side's bolsters were showing pin protrusion/outline so very fine paper then a strop made them vanish. The strop over the bone and a miracle cloth type buffing. However, I always find sharpening small blades to be tricky, you can't clamp them easily nor does the Sharpmaker do much so this is still WIP on that aspect. A beaut though :cool:

And yes, your thumb nail HAS become stronger:D it's a combination of summertime and more beer drinking raising vitamin & mineral levels :D;)

15. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I bought this knife years ago in perfectly mint condition. I sharpened it and never really carried it. I gave it to my dad one year for christmas and he would carry it occasionally. A while back he started carrying it all the time, it's so small and unnoticeable he can always have it. He still prefers his swiss army knife but he carries both and I see him using this little schrade all the time. He's not a knife nut like us but he has come to really like this knife, although I can't convince him to ever oil it or wipe it down. I have it for sharpening so I took care of the oiling too.

IMG_5391.jpg IMG_5392.jpg

Chief, WHT, WolfyW and 14 others like this.
  16. Revolvergeek

Revolvergeek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Love the blade setup on the MoP! that thing is supercool!

17. Revolvergeek

Revolvergeek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2002
    That Ulster is great! I have never seen a congress with a nail blade/ file on it. That is a great little knife!

Mike Robuck likes this.
  18. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    20191014_150658-1209x1612.jpg

19. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  20. MrsR&T

MrsR&T Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2019
    20191011_164252-756x1008.jpg