SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Ebony #06 Pemberton - 2.75 inches closed
lsib8lB.jpg

This new little Boker multi-tool (mini tech tool 4) is a great addition to my smalls collection. Zebra F-701 pen for size comparison.

TDe0_k7yrVS74QMqWX3i6p-638sVe0F8EpCCEr6n3u8PNSk5L4cThOquJ-KlFKLdeQWm5RjpwHVqA4GAeGAczv9AiyHR5PEYdrjAs8Gtf32hFrTngWzH6EmuCYMXWI2jyqxv_8iyldBuGg9MT6VfvcWEkQ4LWqjC95fsSwyfbWuw-1Zm_ENc907bTa-4E_O2ruDpprkNyL56qJZl_5XEHSoAi0nzCIFXZpRSeBPgQONj3lUjnUCCE5ajoITkhkdSbhxJoEitLj9j2_A1_3P1jFYAClwdbrgU1iHfYG5FLL0ao8l_Lt13jP9dHMyDGKwCSrEhVWCcIVclXS7RIVlk-plhOB2BGrYWUp7_39AlQIPQQSS7ZGsy2Dg31ByiN8xc8S7VPdZaUxDant0gszB4H2oQrlryk8JJdIgYCHIIzPkk2YncpmuvZ80SRZZGOuYFd9yM1rVa2v1u2SqJuav2k01mRy8a3jb7gWUKF65DscvKHe3F3u1VFRF2vcMFtMC-_dbQcfJyWUnZc_7dBFMMRJP_Ieqzj6nrA5xak1aus1hKds3PZYYeZlbIr3P1iId8upc95GqgTr2q98O8cx3HCQEcHr6ALa5-nqqozKhqGHmSeHdPe2nn_uNFWafmVV_1CKTadUXzkbSLjExiN7GE1iN6cvWBxV7D86vxikALO3WnsCdzQEpiCA=w1157-h867-no

I've heard if you leave it open between the stops so the spring is extra tensioned for an extended time it can lighten the pull. Haven't tried it myself and probably wouldn't on a knife that old.

I've heard if you leave it open between the stops so the spring is extra tensioned for an extended time it can lighten the pull. Haven't tried it myself and probably wouldn't on a knife that old.
I've been doing this since last march, difference is hardly noticeable but exists faintly. In fact I never close the knife, except for testing the pull (when my thumbnail is ok). ;)

I haven't broken one yet with my squeeze-a-brad-under-the-tang-in-the-blade-well ploy. It's a lot safer and easier than trying to drive a brad between the tang and the spring.
Only took me a half-million years to think of it.

I've been doing this since last march, difference is hardly noticeable but exists faintly. In fact I never close the knife, except for testing the pull (when my thumbnail is ok). ;)

It's never worked for me either JP. I can't actually see WHY it would? wearing the spring might lighten it but bracing it? Would not think so.

This one qualifies 3.25" / 8cm BB Norfolk style

DP9JdGv.jpg
Nice catch! Seems like new!
It's never worked for me either JP. I can't actually see WHY it would? wearing the spring might lighten it but bracing it? Would not think so.
Maybe it is my nail that 's stronger, but now I can open her with more ease than when received (needed a clamp). Took 6 month.

Nice catch! Seems like new!

Maybe it is my nail that 's stronger, but now I can open her with more ease than when received (needed a clamp). Took 6 month.

Thanks JP :thumbsup: Every knife I intend to use gets the valet treatment: the pile side's bolsters were showing pin protrusion/outline so very fine paper then a strop made them vanish. The strop over the bone and a miracle cloth type buffing. However, I always find sharpening small blades to be tricky, you can't clamp them easily nor does the Sharpmaker do much so this is still WIP on that aspect. A beaut though :cool:

And yes, your thumb nail HAS become stronger:D it's a combination of summertime and more beer drinking raising vitamin & mineral levels :D;)

I bought this knife years ago in perfectly mint condition. I sharpened it and never really carried it. I gave it to my dad one year for christmas and he would carry it occasionally. A while back he started carrying it all the time, it's so small and unnoticeable he can always have it. He still prefers his swiss army knife but he carries both and I see him using this little schrade all the time. He's not a knife nut like us but he has come to really like this knife, although I can't convince him to ever oil it or wipe it down. I have it for sharpening so I took care of the oiling too.

IMG_5391.jpg IMG_5392.jpg

Back