smatchet

Most definitely! I have loved the smatchet ever since Tom Berenger jammed one in some dudes foot in that cheesy Sniper movie from the early 90s.

Smatchet with 10 inch blade. But in order for it to be legal in many places one side will need to be a false edge unsharpened.

In the immortal words of David after Dentist "Is this real life".....

!?

I've always thought the Smatchet was cool. Rex Applegate was the real deal. I think a single edged one would be more useful to me than a double edge. Count me in for one in infi or sr 101.

Whose photo? Even has the hole.

2F787C1B-92AE-43E4-9199-825937FDC142_zpsmbzzrek7.jpg

A smatchet would be something different. I have similar knives, in the size range of the operation two weeks. Yes I did order bs. but that was different.

I just got one of the Boker limited reissues (their "2.0 Commemorative") from Knife Center....the copy said the design was the same, except in N690 steel. It seems very nice....I was glad to have stumbled onto it.

I would totally buy a Busse one!

The first time I ever saw a Smatchet was in an ORIGINAL 1940's copy of " GET TOUGH ", by THE MAN
W.E. Fairbairn .

While the origins of the blade style are unknown I believe it came from the big leaf pattern type blades from all over the Dark Continent, where the OSS and the British clandestines were operating extensively. However, Fairbairn, being Fairbairn may have simply thought it up based on his extensive,intensive experience. (This is all based on my own thought guided by my step-dad.)

Anyhow, as I recall the original pattern while being symmetrical was single edged, which ought to make a lot of folks happy.

The Smatchet is not only a devastatingly effective edged weapon it is also a very good field tool.

There goes my loud opinions again.

I should just said...
+1 on a Smatchet and left it at that.

Not sure I get this bulldoggish gladius, but in .41" INFI it might double as a body armor plate! :p

Smatchet with 10 inch blade. But in order for it to be legal in many places one side will need to be a false edge unsharpened.

Ya know... Just to see Cobalt throw one would be enough to count me in for an INFI smatchet. Devastating with a SHaBooM, I'd bet he'd bury it to the hilt in a wooden target. ;):thumbup::thumbup:

Back