Smock and Ikuchi

I got the CQI Ikuchi today. Fit and finish is excellent, the peel ply carbon is nice
and grippy. The blade arrived very sharp.
When closed, the tip is not proud. It looks lower than the pics I have seen of the original.
When the lock is completely depressed the blade swings freely. Of course, this means drop
shutty. Pressure and access to the lock were perfectly fine...this is an easy one hand knife.
It fires open with authority and locks with a solid snick. The flipper wheel is very grippy
but not abusive, this may not be true if you are a 5 year old girl however.

A note here...finally Spyderco has made an epic flipper. Detent is perfect...at last!!!!!!!!
While it looks too thin to manipulate well...it isn't. It really is a joy to open and close
one handed. The blade looks wicked and delicate at the same time...Feel when gripping
is excellent.
Overall, it is a wonderful gent carry edc. It may be too scary for some sissies that see it though.
It does not feel as expensive as the Kapara, but that is not a nit at all since the Kapara is
ridiculously excellent.

My use is colored by my removal of the wire clip. I just chuck my knives in my pocket and
on many knives I remove the pocket clip as soon as I get the knife.

Highly recommended and the best flipping Spyderco I have ever tried. Truly excellent.

Back