1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

SNAFU 2.0 by CKF

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by wickettedge, Sep 4, 2019.

SNAFU 2.0 is...

1. an instabuy

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. a snoozer

26 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. a knife for the well-heeled knifelord

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. never gonna fit in my collection of spydies

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Too bad the Snafu is too big or I might buy it. I haven’t had much love for the CKFs I have held.

Hopefully they can get a Rassenti integral right since Spyderco sure can’t. (Flame retardant suit already on guys)

Mike2360 and wickettedge like this.
  2. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    Hey look a Ti frame lock flipper!! Those are beyond uncommon and since it comes from Russia it should be super easy to send in for work..I think I'll take two.

wickettedge likes this.
  3. wickettedge

wickettedge Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    My only CKF experience this far is the Fif23 and it was a pretty great experience. Came with a bunch of spare hardware and I even got a second set of scales on the exchange.

I’m stoked for the SNAFU 2.0 and I think it will outdo the paysan. I’m a sucker for integrals and big knives.

4. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I really like the design because I'm a boring person. However it's too expensive for what it is.

Pharmagator and wickettedge like this.
  5. Brusiedmeat

Brusiedmeat Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2015
    $300-$400 I would bite

4mer_FMF, Pharmagator and wickettedge like this.
  6. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    Ti integral is not cheap. And compare to something like Spydefco Paysan or CRK at $500 I think the price is pretty reasonable since CKF quality is superior than others brands in the market. The fit and finish and action is easily compete to 2k custom.

Pharmagator likes this.
  7. wickettedge

Mar 31, 2018
    IMG_5920.JPG IMG_5922.JPG

Pharmagator likes this.
  8. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I have tried to stick with G10 / Carbon Fiber scales...

however, knowing my weakness for all things Russian, I will end up with one of these...

evilgreg and Lapedog like this.
  9. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    p.s. I also have a great weakness for Spyderco, ZT, and many other fine U.S. brands as well... (whew)

TenShun705, Lapedog and ScooterG like this.
  10. "Havoc"

"Havoc" Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    IF only CKF had made this in a 3.5” Blade version.....I would have been all Over it!

That would be the perfect pocket knife.
    One can only hope they make the 3.5” version of the Snafu.......One can Dream, lol.

It’s a non-starter for me for sure. Almost a 4” Blade, and it’s for sure a 4” Blade if you’re in a state that has a 4” illegal carry and the cops measure it.

I really like everything about the CKF Snafu 2.0....except the practically 4” Blade and 5.5oz. My Shiro F3R would push this out my pocket everyday

11. wickettedge

Mar 31, 2018
    @"Havoc" I live in Texas so big knives, daggers, autos, ... all ok!

A daily EDC 3.5" snafu would be killer tho.

12. Blade length is a straight linear measurement, cutting edge isn’t (it follows the actual edge). A deep belly creates additional length of the cutting edge.

rxavage and Pharmagator like this.
  13. Buddafucco

Buddafucco

Apr 20, 2018
    My tracking # says it'll be at my house on Monday! I'm assuming they brought them to the Vegas show and shipped from the US maybe. 1 week from Russia would be amazingly fast! Or my tracking # is just wrong.

14. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    I love it when a Canadian maker/designer does not even manage (or try to) to sell his product to his core and formerly faithful fanbase.
    Oh yeah Rassenti is a bigshot knifemaker that auctionsell on IG now, so why would he care about us canucks peons eh

Yep I'm bitter (and slightly jealous)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Lapedog likes this.
  15. Mike2360

Mike2360 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2019
    Have a custom SNAFU 2 with damascus blade and desert floor pattern scales that is a little too fancy for EDC. Ordered this for the M390 blade, lock bar insert and what looks like better action than my custom.

wickettedge likes this.
  16. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    My father has that boker. One of the best knives ive ever seen for the money. Im not a big boker fan, but they knocked that one out of the park.

17. wickettedge

Mar 31, 2018
    Couple more SNAFU 2.0 shots for you guys.

IMG_5926.JPG IMG_5927.JPG

18. HikingIsLife

HikingIsLife

Apr 9, 2011
    Mine is on order. Excited for this one!

Mike2360 and Officer's Match like this.
  19. wickettedge

Mar 31, 2018
  20. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014

Thank you. That was a “duh” moment for me. Had I actually given it some thought it would’ve been evident.

OrangeBlueOrangeBlue likes this.