Off Topic Snarks are friends, not food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some trading today. Many years ago I decided to hunt Canadian geese. I bought a H&R ten gauge, 32 inch modified choke. The thing folds up geese way out there. After killing a half dozen geese. I decided that I don't like to eat them. So except for the occasional crow or feral cat. The gun has just sat. I traded for a H&R 22 mag And More than twice the original price of the 10 gauge. I took the 22 mag to the range and "' it'll chute ๐Ÿ˜Ž)

for the record - while roast goose leaves a bit to be desired, goose jerky is amazing.

also - the 11.9% beer I drank with dinner (before I know the EtOH content) had more alcohol in it than 4 oz of 70 proof whiskey.
I suspect I don't need or want a second one

yet...

If I decide to make goose jerky I have other options. I've wanted a H&R 22 mag for a while.since they quit making them they have been hard to come by

sad panda today - while taking SWMBO to appointments, I missed an almost mint BK15 with TKC G10 scales for not much more than the original new cost on a different forum.
trying to convince myself I don't need a spare BK62 with micarta as a backup at a similar price point.

sad panda today - while taking SWMBO to appointments, I missed an almost mint BK15 with TKC G10 scales for not much more than the original new cost on a different forum.
trying to convince myself I don't need a spare BK62 with micarta as a backup at a similar price point.
I saw that too late as well.

Rain, strong winds, thunder and lightening this morning. We too missed the bad stuff.

Rain and thunder here right now. I'm hoping it will let up. I would like to get to the range today. I have some reloads too function test and I put a scope on the little 22 mag I traded for and I would like to sight in

Tornado watch here until 9 pm.

Our wind events are usually straight line winds they call Santana's. Today was dust in the eyes and blowing trash everywhere all day. Normally they occur in the fall.

County where our daughter and wife's family lives for hit hard. 3 dead so far Walmart roof gone Taco Bell flat

Area I used to live in 80 miles north of here got hit hard. We have family and friends there . 3 confirmed dead bringing in state search and rescue team . Walmart . Church, Taco Bell. Tractor supply store, several homes , retirement home damaged or destroyed. Nephew cut his leg only injury we know of in our family
They are saying at least 4 tornados

We're fine. The whole system fizzled out.

Update my nephew cut on his leg was from him out looking at storm damage and was serious enough to need surgery. This area is depressed already and a lot of businesses are damaged. The tornados basically ran the route I used to drive to work everyday for 8 years.
Around 11:00 pm last night we had extremely heavy storms come through but our neighborhood took no damage.

JEEP was leaking anti-freeze some time ago. Took it in to the shop, and they replaced the radiator, and heater core hoses. Still leaked. Took it back, and they replaced one of the freeze plugs. Still leaked, and they replaced all the freeze plugs. Still leaks. Took it back today. I put about a half gallon of anti-freeze in before I left. Got about a mile outside of town, looked in my rear view mirror, and couldn't even see the truck that was behind me for the smoke/steam. Wasn't sure what it was until I pulled over and seen anti-freeze everywhere. Dumbass here forgot to put the radiator cap back on. Duh. Luckily, the cap got caught between the bumper and frame, and was still there. Good morning to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back