Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the streak is broken, I have a question for you folks.

Is there anyone still around who got in on the run of Beckerhead growlers a few years ago?

I am having a heck of time with the lid on one of mine. The metal cover (which I assume is covering the actual lid) spins freely when I turn it, making it quite difficult to open. Curious if any of you have had the same issue, or if I am just being stupid.

Hey CB,

Just contact Innate and they will send you a new lid. Seems that the tolerances were off by a hair. When you put cold liquids (beer) in the growler, the plastic (in the lid) and metal covering contract at different rates causing the metal cover to spin on the plastic insert.

Yeah I have that problem with all their growlers. Press down and turn usually helps.

Yeah that seems to help. Glad I'm not the only one.

Hey CB,

Just contact Innate and they will send you a new lid. Seems that the tolerances were off by a hair. When you put cold liquids (beer) in the growler, the plastic (in the lid) and metal covering contract at different rates causing the metal cover to spin on the plastic insert.

Will do. Thanks, g.

Since the streak is broken, I have a question for you folks.

Is there anyone still around who got in on the run of Beckerhead growlers a few years ago?

I am having a heck of time with the lid on one of mine. The metal cover (which I assume is covering the actual lid) spins freely when I turn it, making it quite difficult to open. Curious if any of you have had the same issue, or if I am just being stupid.

Hey, CB, I've had the same issue when the growler is pressurized or chilled so the lid sucks on tight. I wonder if adding a little hex head set screw to the top would help. HMMMMMmmm...

The main issue with it is that I can't drink that much beer fast enough while it's fresh, and I don't have any friends.

Hey CB,

hmmm...
never thought about that - I just squeeze tight and twist.
another thought would be to use a nail set to dimple the sides of the cap in a few places to add traction.

Hey, CB, I've had the same issue when the growler is pressurized or chilled so the lid sucks on tight. I wonder if adding a little hex head set screw to the top would help. HMMMMMmmm...

The main issue with it is that I can't drink that much beer fast enough while it's fresh, and I don't have any friends.

The pressure thing made me think. I had some coffee in it when the lid stuck. Ran it under hot water for a little bit and it came right off.
Thanks for the idea.

hmmm...
never thought about that - I just squeeze tight and twist.
another thought would be to use a nail set to dimple the sides of the cap in a few places to add traction.

Dimples might help if they went deep enough to catch whatever is underneath the metal cap.

I also thought about trying to take the cap off and adding some super glue.

Ok, I think we have a solution: Have 1066Vik open your growler.
Option 2, dimples.
Option 3, put set-screw through dimples.

I'm gonna start with #2 since I don't a giant viking handy.

To attempt to avoid being the snark-breaker THIS week, I am happy to announce the arrival of Ka-bar Dog's Head Utility Knife (this thing is awesome), Ka-bar chopsticks (these things are awesome!), and Ka-bar leather handle rebuild kits (hells yeah!).

To attempt to avoid being the snark-breaker THIS week, I am happy to announce the arrival of Ka-bar Dog's Head Utility Knife (this thing is awesome), Ka-bar chopsticks (these things are awesome!), and Ka-bar leather handle rebuild kits (hells yeah!).

Yeah! I would love me some Becker chopsticks!

The chopsticks have me intrigued as well.

Hello Brethren Long time lurker first time poster. Life, hunting season, and a flight of stairs I fell down has kept me away for far to long. Been trying to catch up on all the goings on around here. Lots of catching up to do. And yes I missed ya'll

Welcome back brudda. Wondered where you've been.

Thanks Warrior it feels good to be back. Been climbing mountains all summer come home and fall down the damn stairs (no alcohol involved)
That sucks.

I was thinking today how much I miss going to the cabin. Haven't been for a month, and probably won't be able to until January. Christmas drains the wallet dry, don't you know.

Been seeing some new faces around here. Bout time they see my SIC!!!!! Sig ya made me Dubz

Tired of paying medical bills myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back