1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Snarktoberfest

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by DunkEm, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Oops, well I surely didn't mean to break the snark thread...:confused:

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  2. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    No worries, we've all done it.

3. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Hey CB,

Just contact Innate and they will send you a new lid. Seems that the tolerances were off by a hair. When you put cold liquids (beer) in the growler, the plastic (in the lid) and metal covering contract at different rates causing the metal cover to spin on the plastic insert.

91bravo likes this.
  4. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    Yeah that seems to help. Glad I'm not the only one.

Will do. Thanks, g.

gmoneyluv likes this.
  5. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Hey, CB, I've had the same issue when the growler is pressurized or chilled so the lid sucks on tight. I wonder if adding a little hex head set screw to the top would help. HMMMMMmmm...

The main issue with it is that I can't drink that much beer fast enough while it's fresh, and I don't have any friends.

6. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    hmmm...
    never thought about that - I just squeeze tight and twist.
    another thought would be to use a nail set to dimple the sides of the cap in a few places to add traction.

7. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    The pressure thing made me think. I had some coffee in it when the lid stuck. Ran it under hot water for a little bit and it came right off.
    Thanks for the idea.

Dimples might help if they went deep enough to catch whatever is underneath the metal cap.

I also thought about trying to take the cap off and adding some super glue.

8. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Ok, I think we have a solution: Have 1066Vik open your growler.
    Option 2, dimples.
    Option 3, put set-screw through dimples.

I'm gonna start with #2 since I don't a giant viking handy.

9. daizee

Dec 30, 2009
    To attempt to avoid being the snark-breaker THIS week, I am happy to announce the arrival of Ka-bar Dog's Head Utility Knife (this thing is awesome), Ka-bar chopsticks (these things are awesome!), and Ka-bar leather handle rebuild kits (hells yeah!).

10. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Yeah! I would love me some Becker chopsticks!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  11. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    The chopsticks have me intrigued as well.

12. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Hello Brethren Long time lurker first time poster. Life, hunting season, and a flight of stairs I fell down has kept me away for far to long. Been trying to catch up on all the goings on around here. Lots of catching up to do. And yes I missed ya'll

The Warrior likes this.
  13. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Welcome back brudda. Wondered where you've been.

14. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Thanks Warrior it feels good to be back. Been climbing mountains all summer come home and fall down the damn stairs (no alcohol involved)

15. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Maybe there should have been!!!!

The Warrior likes this.
  16. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    That sucks.

I was thinking today how much I miss going to the cabin. Haven't been for a month, and probably won't be able to until January. Christmas drains the wallet dry, don't you know.

17. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Been seeing some new faces around here. Bout time they see my SIC!!!!! Sig ya made me Dubz

18. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Yeah I had to hold back with that 50% Kabar sale. I feel your pain @The Warrior. Christmas and the inevitable medical bills are a coming

19. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Tired of paying medical bills myself.

20. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    You can give all of us some cabin pics for Christmas Warrior

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.