Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from work. Long ass day. Glad Christmas at work is over.

Going back to work tomorrow, today was a genuine roll in a rats nest. I hope I'm done with that part, I think I am.

75 degrees out this afternoon.

Just saw a 4 foot snake slithering across the road on my way home from the grocery store.

I'm missing the night of snow. Seemed more wintery.

But I am smoking a brisket, so maybe it comes out even?

Your not burning heating fuel so it is a Win for sure.

We actually woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow. Wish it were more, but, I'll take it.

they said 1 inch and then rain and 40s to 50s...

more like 5 inches and it's not raining and it's below freezing, so, that snow is staying

Got a package from Amazon in the mail yesterday, addressed to me. I have a few items ordered from there, so assumed it was something I ordered. Opened it up, and my son sent me a Victorinox Huntsman in hardwood for Christmas. He knew I was talking about getting one, as the scales from my Vic Camper are falling off, haha. I wanted the Huntsman, because it's the same as the Camper, but has scissors, which come in handy from time to time.

I found weather that exceeds my cold tolerance -- went to visit mom up in Minnesota for a few days.
left this afternoon because it was supposed to be a touch chilly tomorrow and I didn't want to drive in temps that make old metal even more brittle.

415 miles south to SWMBO's apartment just outside DesMoines where it was 16F -- and at that same time it was -16F at mom's.
(tomorrow is supposed to be COLD -- so is most of the upcoming week with lows in the -25 to -30F range before wind chill)

I found weather that exceeds my cold tolerance -- went to visit mom up in Minnesota for a few days.
left this afternoon because it was supposed to be a touch chilly tomorrow and I didn't want to drive in temps that make old metal even more brittle.

415 miles south to SWMBO's apartment just outside DesMoines where it was 16F -- and at that same time it was -16F at mom's.
(tomorrow is supposed to be COLD -- so is most of the upcoming week with lows in the -25 to -30F range before wind chill)

Yikes, that is cold. Not so bad out here. Only -10ยบC as the high next week. Got another 10cm of snow last night. Proper white Christmas for a change. Dogs are loving it!

15ยฐ here now, with a high of 31ยฐ. We have snow too, so all is right with the world...

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I think it brushed freezing last night, up to 35F right now.

Stay warm and for those traveling, stay safe.

there is a light dusting here at SWMBO's -- at home they got 3" or so, which will probably be gone when I get back tomorrow -- but at least I'll have muddy dogs to brush, so there is that, right? ;)

went to go see last jedi - caught the 11:20 showing this morning.
when we came out, the sun was gone, the wind had picked up, and it was a touch chilly.
got back to SWMBO's apartment and she made me a pan of chicken enchilada's while I talked to dad on the phone.

p.s. no kabar or becker cutlery sightings in the movie. :(

Merry Christmas everyone!

Got some fishing in with 2 of my nephews today. -11 for a high and 25mph winds. Happy for propane for sure. Lol

-17ยบC here this morning. Feels like -28ยบC with the wind chill. Dogs are loving it!

1066vik 1066vik What did you think of the movie. There have been some very interesting negative reviews.

This is the more outdoorsy stuff I got this year. Snugpak Jungle Blanket, Isla Del Sol cigars, temperature gauge for my smoker, Streamlight key light, oven mitts, and a Vic Huntsman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back