Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a snug pack regular just before the Christmas break, all true tales! It shall be a truck essential item, next to my BK-3.

-10F tonight! It is going to be in the negatives at night for the next week with single digit highs during the day. I don't mind and for me it just means that we are safely into icefishing season.

Unfortunately my dog doesn't want to go outside and poo and I have to make her. She however is just inconvinienced while my chickens are miserable.

I am pretty sure my Welsummer rooster is going to be losing some of his comb and wattles to frostbite. Poor guy! I have never had a rooster with such a big comb and wattles and have never had a chicken with frostbite before. :(

bring chicken inside!

looks like 0.0.0.0.0 degrees right now. noice. 4 more hours to show full freeze? mmm...

-10F tonight! It is going to be in the negatives at night for the next week with single digit highs during the day. I don't mind and for me it just means that we are safely into icefishing season.

Unfortunately my dog doesn't want to go outside and poo and I have to make her. She however is just inconvinienced while my chickens are miserable.

I am pretty sure my Welsummer rooster is going to be losing some of his comb and wattles to frostbite. Poor guy! I have never had a rooster with such a big comb and wattles and have never had a chicken with frostbite before. :(
Maybe the rooster will huddle up with the chickens and be warm enough

I spent some time with the chickens today and they are all doing quite well and spending most of the day outside even with these cold temps. They seemed pretty happy.

I also figured out what is up with VanDamme, my Welsummer rooster. His waddles are so big that when he is drinking water out of the heated dog bowl that I use in the winter he is dunking them in water each time. It is only heated enough to not freeze and is still cold water.

I need a heated fount so that cannot happen in the future but at this point the damage is done. His comb looks fine and he seems happy but the waddles are frostbitten. I tried to put him in the heated garage and he wanted to be out with the rest of them instead. He is acting like a normal roo. :)

We have often had roosters get a little frostbite. Dosnt seem to affect them too much.

Happy Birthday Tanker!

Wife and I returned from the cabin a day early. Too freaking cold, haha. Couldn't get motivated to do jack schmidt.

gmoneyluv gmoneyluv Most of the time when Ghost Pepper is on the label its kind of wimpy. This was the real deal great flavor and lots of heat. I cut it thin and ate it on German Rye bread I picked up at Karl Ehmers Deutsche Fleisch shop. Boy oh boy!!!!!

a glass raised to spirits passed

26047252_10215299786878704_1255010739111083511_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back