Snow

Snow.

6 weeks ago we ordered Anderson Windows for the home repair we needed. After a month when they weren't in, the contractor called the factory to see what was up. They never got the order. So, a half completed repair is left exposed. The weather has been great, up to now, and now we have Snow.

There is so much snow the little car got stuck, and I had to fire up beater truck. My sons were 40 minutes late to school.
The little car is blocking the drive, not really prevently access but preventing the truck from pulling into the garage.

The wood stove was clogged and filled the house with smoke. I got that going finally. I was so mad I figured any bird in the stack could just DIE DIE DIE. Dangerous, I know.
The wife took the kid's coat with her to work. She never looked in the back seat, just drove away.

The alarm was not set- my fault- and my wife did not awaken us. Why, I'm not quite sure. But she did manage to drive away safely with the kid's coat.
They couldn't find their snow boots. That took about 10 minutes.

There is no TV reception so we'll probably watch the Winnie the Pooh DVD the entire day. Funny how the little guy never seems to notice or care it's the same movie...

Not bad, all in all. First day of the real season.

munk

We seem to be getting our first real rain of the season. At least it waited till November.

It's a lot less depressing when a crooner says it.

Jake?

When I first read your post I thought you said "coroner"--I was worried about you man...:D

munk, I'll trade you my bi-annual 165 mph winds for your early snow...

on second thought, there's gotta be a better place for us both to move to.

Australia? I'm thinking.

Ad Astra :( :foot: :confused:

Bad knife and gun laws if you tend to obey those things AA.

We had a beautiful day here...70 degrees and sunny, I drove home from work with all of my windows down and the roof open. Wished I had ridden in instead.

It was a day similar to those we had *all* during hurricane season.

I'm tellin' ya...southern Ohio isn't a bad place to live.

Nasty said:
We had a beautiful day here...70 degrees and sunny, I drove home from work with all of my windows down and the roof open. Wished I had ridden in instead.

It was a day similar to those we had *all* during hurricane season.

I'm tellin' ya...southern Ohio isn't a bad place to live.

Ya know, the Midwest isn't a bad place to be. Especially the Ohio river valley. Nasty is right. The summers are good and hot. Muggy as all get out, but not overly horrible. The winters are mild for the most part. An average snowfall is maybe 2" and bad snow storms drop maybe a foot, although we got over 2' in one shot last year (worst snowfall in 90 something years). I wished I had riden to work today as well. Not bad in the morning, and cool, but not cold on the way home. Head to the east for work in the morning, go west to go home. A great sunrise paired with a pretty sweet sunset over the farmlands that dot suburbia. Not a bad set up at all.

Jake

Yep, the Midwest isn't a bad place to live at all. We were up to 79* today with a low of 59* this morning.
And right now the humidity is 38, on the low side for us which makes the current 72* nice and comfortable. We've had our doors and windows open all day.:thumbup: :D :cool:

munk said:
There is no TV reception so we'll probably watch the Winnie the Pooh DVD the entire day. Funny how the little guy never seems to notice or care it's the same movie...
munk

Kids are great that way.

BTW...I work in an office environment...can't go in wearing leather for warmth and still fit the suit under the chaps.

Nasty said:
BTW...I work in an office environment...can't go in wearing leather for warmth and still fit the suit under the chaps.

Get a "My Cousin Vinny" suit...

Vinny Gambini: My clients...
Judge Chamberlain Haller: What are you wearing?
Vinny Gambini: Huh?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: What are you wearing?
Vinny Gambini: [wearing a leather jacket] Um, I'm wearing clothes.
[Judge stares ominously]
Vinny Gambini: I... I don't get the question.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: When you come into my court looking like you do. You not only insult me, but you insult the integrity of this court.
Vinny Gambini: I apologize, sir, but, uh... this is how I dress.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: The next time you appear in my court, you will look lawyerly. And I mean you comb your hair, and wear a suit and tie. And that suit had better be made out of some sort of... cloth. You understand me?
Vinny Gambini: Uh yes. Fine, Judge, fine.

Exactly....it is *so* difficult to get the USAF to understand my coming in to work in full leather and my colors.

They think the same as the judge..."Where's your suit?"

The fun part is the next day...

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Mr. Gambini, didn't I tell you that the next time you appear in my court that you dress appropriately?
Vinny Gambini: You were serious about that?

- Putting the casual in business casual since 2000.

"If you are going to run in the rat race, you have to look like a rat."

Employers are funny about that. Somehow, they think the way you dress affects the quality of your work. I never understood that.

It's surprising how similar everyone dresses at work- well, not really surprising,
when you think how people learn to walk the same
talk the same.

We've just recovered from an entire generation that put a question mark into every sentence.

munk

I usually just wear what I want to work. Usually just a pair of jeans and a work T-shirt or an oxford. Dressy enough, but comfortable to move around in. I have been on sales calls where my truck was in the shop and the only set of wheels i had was my harley (oh dang it all;)).
I usually let the folks know ahead of time that i would be coming by on my bike. Most of the time they have no problem with it, or they ride themselves. Sometimes Buffy and Biff are a little put off, but when you've got the best service, best product, and best price...well the get over it.
The most ridiculous thing that happened was when some yahoo of a sales rep stopped by MY store to SELL me something that I DIDN'T need. I had just pulled up and was getting the store together. Still had on my leather pants and my jacket. Sally Upandcoming kind of looks me up and down.
"Is Jake here?" she says with a cautious look.
"Yeah, that's me. How can I help you?" I answer in a friendly tone.
"You're the office manager?" she asks with the same look.
"No, I'm the retail executive of sales. That means I do everything the office manager does...plus ordering, advertising, purchasing, and PR." I said with a chuckle.
Then she gets a little more nerve, and her caution turns to snootiness.
"...and you wear THAT to work?"
"Yes, I wear this to work. THEN change into my jeans and shirt. This is what I do BEFORE we open....at 8" I say pointing to the posted hours. "Besides, so what if i wear this. I bet it costs more than the suit you're wearing." I say in a joking way. Most people don't understand that if you take an expensive tooled leather jacket and slap "Harley Davidson" across it that the price goes up 200 dollars.
That didn't fly well. She kind of got the point that I didn't want to buy her crap and that her attitude had put me off.

Jake

Back