So I see This Tiny Little Knife...

Since you mentioned the color of the scales...
Does anybody know where I can find some blue OEM scales for a Dragonfly2?

The ManBug.
Can anyone give me their personal perspective on this little tooters?
They seem like a "drop it in your pocket, and forget it! knife.
Is the handle of a useful size?
I have a Manbug in both K390 and ZDP189
both cut like a lazer
use whichever one is in my pocket on a daily basis
put lanyards on both of them to fish them out of the pocket easier when I need it
L9am5xS.jpg

7sZ3fGt.jpg

I'm kind of liking the idea of going back to no pocket clips...
(Not that they couldn't be removed on the other knives...)
Let the knife play the role of a lint trap in the bottom of my pockets!

Last edited:
The ManBug.
Can anyone give me their personal perspective on this little tooters?
They seem like a "drop it in your pocket, and forget it! knife.
Is the handle of a useful size?

Ieqh2vCl.jpg

The wharncliffe Manbug was my sole carry knife for last week. . Unless you're trying to use it to work in the kitchen or whittle wood, the handle will likely be comfortable enough for the random tasks you come across during the day. I did add a lanyard and a bead to make it easier to retrieve it from my pocket, or allow me to fasten it to my keys.

I wear a size Large gloves, and as you can see, the Manbug is still almost a 3 finger knife for me.

Es1fEwQl.jpg

qX6BbNol.jpg

I have one in K390, and I really never use it at all. The Dragonfly is larger and I think it's more practical for most applications.

I have one of those also; but this little guy will carry easier

Frankly, I can't figure out why someone with world-class carpal tunnel syndrome would be interested in something with a handle that small. My fingers aren't nimble enough to use one anymore without the CTS.

I can open it up by using both paws...
No chance of slow-rolling it open for me!

I had one of these in ZDP 189, and let it go. I don't like knives at the bottom of my pocket. I've found out the hard way that pocket lint, and back locks don't go together too well either.
I wish it had a pocket clip like most other small lockbacks.
It's also too pricey IMO, to be banging around with my keys. I prefer a $16 SAK classic.

I can open it up by using both paws...
No chance of slow-rolling it open for me!
I'm not talking about getting it open (that's a two-handed operation for me), but just trying to hang onto that itty-bitty handle to use it for anything.

As much as I hate to admit it, I like the Ladybug. It's perfect for those times when I can't carry anything bigger. Mine is K390. While the color is not exciting, one day soon if I get bored, I'll dip it in some red, and see if I can get some purple out of it. I think that would be cool.

I'm not talking about getting it open (that's a two-handed operation for me), but just trying to hang onto that itty-bitty handle to use it for anything.
Sorry: I misunderstood. I guess I'll find out! I've always carried smaller knives for EDC usage; I just don't need even a 3" blade for my cutting chores.

manbug > grip
manbug > edc
ladybug > blade shape ffg
ladybug > on keychain

can we get a gender neutral bug? all great features of both combined into 1.

Last edited:
I keep a manbug salt attached to the zipper of my big tackle bag, perfect size for cutting line, needs no maintenance and so far almost everyone I've met knows how a lockback works, even those who are not really familiar with knives. Carry little ones include a Pingo and Roadie, and waiting for the slippy lil' native. I don't know of a company who treats their little knives with the same care as the big ones.

I have a ZDP manbug I bought years ago but since my hands have aged it really is uncomfortable to use-especially for a blade that sharp.

Back