Sodbuster...and lots of them!

What a great thread!
I am really digging the pattern myself and purchased a few sodbuster knives recently.

Sod_busters2.JPG

Among them, I was really surprised by the Case knife.
Very nice fit and finish, and the action is just right.
Maybe I got a good sample.
With the slicer blade and the thin handle, this is a perfect pocket knife for me.

GEC is also great in F&F, but little too big for my carry.
It seems to be a better "work" knife than the other two, with the nice thick handle and more stout spring.

Queen is a fine knife, too.
But mine developed some minor blade play after some use.
I also wish the blade grind is better.
After handling the sodbuster Jr., it feels much less refined.

I also got a Bear & Son Farmhand, but it was a total disappointment.....

I do hope some more Sodbuster pics get posted here. I just scrolled through the whole thread again and there are some mighty fine collections out there!

And: I still beat myself up for not getting a #71 in natural canvas micarta from GECs last run while they were available.

Only a partial picture I know, but this has great stag slabs:cool:

The rest of the knife is more questionable however...I think the name German Bull is about right if you add a word for manure after Bull;):D F&F really OK but the blade...er..can I get an edge on it? Not apparently:eek: Thinking of using the Stag for re-handle project......:thumbsup:

RWrtzlV.jpg

That's the blade length.
The closed length is about 3-3/4"
:oops: I missed that, I kinda thought that seemed off, but I'm not home so didn't have mine handy. And considering I know it's a bit bigger than the Case sodbuster jr should have clued me in :rolleyes:. Thanks for the correction :thumbsup:

Back