Soft screws at times on PM2's?

Next time you come across something like this, the soldering iron trick should work ok. Blowgun or hair drier will not localize the heat on the screw and you could damage the scales. Threadlocker can be a nightmare sometimes....

I did try a soldering iron but to no avail. And was careful not to over heat and damage the screw or G10. If it happens again I will just send to Spyderco for the loosening service. I know it was the thread locker due to the fact it was only one screw on each knife. That was two of of 15 knives. Or a combination of locker, over tightening and or soft metal

Kudos to Spyderco! So they received both knives last Tuesday. Wed they were in the mail headed towards me. Both Pivot screws machined out and replaced. They charged a total of 25.00. 20.00 for machining and 5.00 for shipping. I am more than please and felt the service was exemplary. It sure better than me having to machine them out.

If I ever run in to this again. I will just ship to them and pay for the screw loosening service rather than tearing a overly locked up screw.

Back