SOG Collector's Website aka database

Hi all,

Seeing that there is no resource for SOG Collectors, we have created a website on discontinued and rare SOG knifes with information on rare and discontinued models produced by SOG from the start of the company. We are focusing currently on fixed blades but this will expand. Some of the pictures are familiar - sourced from this forum. In the spirit and goodwill we hope that this will be allowed. ;) The knife list is numbered at 57. More than half of it has been completed.

Hope you all will enjoy this website and please let us know if there are any improvements to make.

Edit: This website is not set up by SOG Specialty Knives but rather a team of SOG enthusiasts made up of members from bladeforums. We have no affiliation with SOG Specialty Knives and will continue not to do so till further notice.

Yours sincerely,
The SOG Knives Collectors Team :D
SOG Knives Collectors

We are now on Twitter!

Additions to website: (Do note that minor edits like adding of pictures, updating profiles, adding information are not shown below)

15/7/2009 Completed: Tigershark Elite
21/6/2009 Completed: Pentagon
12/6/2009 Completed: Mini-Tsunami
3/6/2009 Added Page: Useful Links
23/5/2009 Added Page: SOG Knife Values
18/5/2009 Completed: Super SOG Bowie
11/5/2009 Completed: Tech Bowie
30/4/2009 Completed: Recon Government
28/4/2009 Completed: Seal Pup Elite
21/4/2009 Completed: Seal Team Elite
17/4/2009 Completed: Trident
15/4/2009 Added Page: *Current Production*
6/4/2009 Added Page: Credits
6/4/2009 Completed: Government
5/4/2009 Added Page: SOG's Country of Manufacture
30/3/2009 Completed: Gov-Tac ('05 Special Edition)
23/3/2009 Completed: Government Agent
18/3/2009 Completed: S1 Bowie (Tigerstriped)

Last edited:
That a pretty good looking site! Looks like you forgot the Super Bowie, though:p

Looks good. I really like the site but why do you have header pics of a woman & a flower? They're both beautiful but it leaves me scratching my head. ???

Great job though and thanks for taking the effort to do that. Info is always a plus!

Gibby

Landar15: Thanks for the kind words! More knives will be added as soon as the data on older knives have been added. We are currently focusing on the discontinued models and the list will definately expand to the current production models. We try to focus on Seki Japan models and not the Taiwanese made-knives as of yet. Thanks for your input! :thumbup:

gibbyz: Thanks too! We are using a template and have not thought about a "SOG Knives Collectors" logo (which is currently the default curly thingy) nor a banner for the top (which is now the default woman and flower). :confused:

If there are any more feedback feel free to let me know. Thanks! ;)

Last edited:
gibbyz: Thanks too! We are using a template and have not thought about a "SOG Knives Collectors" logo (which is currently the default curly thingy) nor a banner for the top (which is now the default woman and flower). :confused:

If there are any more feedback feel free to let me know. Thanks! ;)

Please understand, I LIKE the woman & flower and, yes, I understand it's a template - I was just ribbin' ya.. As I said - Both beautiful but yeah, it should be fun getting something SOG and knife oriented in their place.

I would say definitely play on the bullet/blade theme.:cool: I feel that's become a signature logo of sorts for SOG; kinda like the NIKE "Swoosh". Man, I wish I had a way to help you but in less than 24 hours I'm gonna be on the beach in South Cackylacky with no tech capabilities for a week. I'll definitely check back in next weekend on you're status. If I think of anything that may be helpful, I'll send it your way when I get a chance. If ya wouldn't mind me chiming in that way.

I think what you're doing with this site is great.

Definitely keep up the good work; It really helps!:thumbup:

Gibby

Hi guys,

A little introduction: I'm Mark, currently the admin of the website. It's better to have someone to relate to and not talking to "we" all the time right? :cool:

Please understand, I LIKE the woman & flower and, yes, I understand it's a template - I was just ribbin' ya.. As I said - Both beautiful but yeah, it should be fun getting something SOG and knife oriented in their place.

I would say definitely play on the bullet/blade theme.:cool: I feel that's become a signature logo of sorts for SOG; kinda like the NIKE "Swoosh".

Haha I know! :foot: We actually considered putting up a banner. If you look over at the knifeforums.com "pixel page", we have a banner there but I feel it's not a professional-looking one.

I can't use the SOG "split bullet" logo as I've not cleared that with SOG yet. We don't want to infringe any copyright laws... I'm going to put up a banner of the 6 rare sog knives that I have, but problem is 3 of them are still on the way to me... :p

If I think of anything that may be helpful, I'll send it your way when I get a chance. If ya wouldn't mind me chiming in that way.

That would really help! We need pictures for uncompleted knife profiles and information on them if possible. That would speed up the process quickly.

johnnu2: Thanks for the kind comments as well! We'll need your picture when we do up the knife profiles. I think the Tomcat one... :D

Very cool!

I recently purchased a SOG Government, with box, cordura sheath etc. If you need some pictures (without copyright issues) please let me know.

Regards,

Jim

Carl: Thanks! Hope you don't mind if I use some of your pictures! :D

Jim: Thank you too! Yep pictures of the Government would be good! No copyright issues as they are from you. By the way did you snag this new Government off the evilbay? :eek: I was watching that one!

To all others, we are currently working on the Gov-tac SE '05... Will let you guys know when it's up! ;)

I have several sog's that are rare or discontinued i'll make soon pictures of all the knives to update your sog database!

I always wanted something like this! very good!:cool:

here are some pictures of the sog bowie tigerstripe, a while back is asked sog about this knife and it's authentic if i'm not mistaken there where about 10 made not 15.

5511_1.jpg

578b_3.jpg

588e_3.jpg

5937_3.jpg

dce6_3.jpg

dda8_3.jpg

59c2_3.jpg

Carl: Thanks! Hope you don't mind if I use some of your pictures! :D

Jim: Thank you too! Yep pictures of the Government would be good! No copyright issues as they are from you. By the way did you snag this new Government off the evilbay? :eek: I was watching that one!

To all others, we are currently working on the Gov-tac SE '05... Will let you guys know when it's up! ;)

Okay, I will take some pics and send. No, I got this one off one of my favorite "fishin hole" collector sites.

By the way do you recall how much that specimen on ebay went for?

Thanks -- Pics on the way.

Jim

Good job "SOG Knives Collectors Team"!
It's lookin' great!
can't tell ya just how pleazed and excited I m to see all the "SOG Knives Greats" with just one click!
It sure has brought back some sweet memories.

Appels: Wow! Thanks for the incredible pics! I'll get someone to have those up right away! :thumbup: Will correct the production number. And will be glad to have more pics for all to share! :D We really love seeing discontinued models pop up on the radar screen.
We don't know when it was produced though. Research shows that it may have been a prototype, yet it appeared in the SOG catalog in 2005. Any clarification?

Jim:All right, I'll be waiting for the pics! Nice to hear that there are still SOG collectors around. The 'Government' on the evilbay went for $97. It is BNIB minty btw. Here's the link: SOG Government on evilbay (for reference only, mods please remove if unappropriate)

GIRLYmann:Thanks for your sweet words! We certainly do feel a sense of accomplishment when completing a 'knife profile' and seeing our visitor numbers go up!

To all those who have been watching this thread, we are trying to upload pictures for the 'Gov-Tac '05 Special Ed' but have difficulties doing so. Meanwhile we have added the S1 Tigerstripe pictures so kindly provided by appels. See you around! ;)

Mark
SOG Knives Collectors

Up next the pictures of the SOG damascus bowie s1

(i almost had this one but the damn thing was sold for $680

Very very rare one, is it okay to post the pictures in this thread?

Only 50 where made of this one.

Enjoy

p.s. more information about the tigerstripe bowie, the information that sog gave me was that the 10 knives where made for the (larger) distributors in 2005 (i opened a while back a thread about this one but in this forum the old threads dissapear?)

c2e2_1.jpg

c408_1.jpg

c520_1.jpg

c66a_1.jpg

c96c_1.jpg

f6c6_3.jpg

f874_3.jpg

fa78_3.jpg

fc64_3.jpg

fe2e_3.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, here are the Government Pics. I'm not the best photgrapher. If you'd like any additional views please let me know. Thanks!

SG1.jpg

SG2.jpg

SG32.jpg

SG42.jpg

SG5.jpg

SG7.jpg

SG6.jpg

Appels: That's a bunch of rare pictures! :thumbup: Yep no issues posting the pictures here. Nice for others to see too. Thanks a great bunch! Hmmm, ok added the information on the tigerstriped S1 and the pics for the Damascus bowie.

Jim: Those are some well-taken shots! Crisp and clear. We can't put them up on the website as of yet as the 'Government' knife profile is not scheduled to be published yet. I think we can bump it up to be published after the 'Gov-Tac '05 SE'! :D

Cheers,
Mark
SOG Knives Collectors

Maybe it's also a good idea to add all the (year) catalogs of SOG to the website, a while back i gathered some year catlogs in pdf format.
Maybe some other members have other catalogs or borchures to add to the website:)

Back