SOG Collector's Website aka database

Appels,

Not sure whose it is (it may well be yours :D) but we found a large database of catalogs in PDF format too. We have all the catalogs in soft copy ranging from 1988 - 2009, however we are missing the catalogs from 1994, 1996 - 1999. I was planning to create a page where those catalogs can be downloaded, but we've been having issues with the site-building wizard (as always...:rolleyes:).

Updates: Currently the pictures of the 'Gov-Tac '05 Special Edition' are up but the 'knife profile' is not completed yet. We have also added a temporary logo, a banner and a nice "favicon" - lets you have a small icon beside the website address when you bookmark us, very much like what you see now in the address bar beside the website.

Cheers,
Mark
SOG Knives Collectors

I would love to get my hands on those catalogs!
I only have the 2003 to 2009 catalogs in pdf format and i think nobody should have any problems with them to get distributed :) i have some other soft copies of some old brochures.

I think if the we gather all the catalogs and brochures SOG ever published and maybe send an email to SOG to ask them for the missing ones that should make the site even more interesting:cool:

In the mean time i'll make more pictures of the sog collection i have.

Appels: Sure thing! Let us finish what we must according to schedule. I would credit the website where I got them from, but their distribution is subject to the owner's decision (which should be alright unless I get an email to say that he objects). It may be a little troublesome for SOG to get us some soft copies though... :eek: I remember either Ron or Chris has some really old brochures but I've not heard any of them chime in this discussion yet. (They should have plenty since it's the SOG headquarters!)

Update:
30/3/2009 Completed: Gov-Tac ('05 Special Edition)

Thanks to "nutz_about_knives", we now have a new banner on our website and some really cool 'Midnight Tigershark' pictures taken from here: Midnight Tigershark by 'nutz' :thumbup:

Cheers,
Mark
SOG Knives Collectors

With recent feedback via emails we have pushed the 'Credits' page to the top of our "to-do list" and churned that page out over the past few days (instead of a few weeks down the road), digging through all the resources that we have used. The people whom we took pictures from are now credited on that page. However, some of the pictures were taken quite some time back and we are unable to trace the sources regrettably. :(

If there are any missing people that we failed to mention do let us know; it is only right to give credit to those who have contributed in one way or another.

Oh, I forgot. Here's the link! Credits

Cheers,
Mark ;)
SOG Knives Collectors

Last edited:
I need a sheath for my goverment agent, the one that can with it is defective. The kydex doesn't have enough tension, and the belt snaps don't work.

Hey folks,

Here is the latest updates to the site over the past week... :thumbup:

17/4/2009 Completed: Trident

15/4/2009 Added Page: *Current Production* - Shifted the SOG Knives that were made in 2008 and after that till present.

We are going to start adding the current production SOGs to the site so stay tuned!

Cheers,
Mark ;)
SOG Knives Collectors

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

It is sad that after being around for 2 months and 550+ views this thread has not been made a 'sticky'. From today onwards we won't be 'bumping' this thread up to tell all about our recent updates. It is certainly tiring and not nice to keep on seeing the same thread appearing at the top of the forum with the *same* person posting the newest post. It will appear as spamming the forum

Sorry to the SOG collectors out there or the newbies looking for information - either bookmark our website or keep this thread as a 'subscribed' thread! :D Do note that however the our first post of this thread will be updated with our latest additions (edits or minor additions will not be shown!) to the site.

I myself however will continue to input on the forums to answer queries on old SOG models and garner interest in the oldie SOG knives. ;)

Cheers,
Mark :cool:
Administrator
SOG Knives Collectors

Last edited:
Hi Mark

Here are some pictures of my new addition to my collection.

DSC03244-1.jpg

DSC03245-1.jpg

DSC03246-1.jpg

DSC03251-1.jpg

DSC03253-1.jpg

DSC03255-1.jpg

DSC03256-1.jpg

DSC03257-1.jpg

DSC03258-1.jpg

DSC03259-1.jpg

Enjoy!

That is a smokin' hot knife! Congrats on that snag:thumbup:

Thank you Mark! i have more pictures upcoming :D

If you need any help with information on sog's or pictures of them let me know :)

Hi Appels,

Wow! I'm interested to see what other rare SOGs you have in your collection! Keep those pics coming! We'll add the recent pics when we've done with our current tasks we are working on. Thanks for your nice pics; they're well taken!

Cheers,
Mark ;)
SOG Knives Collectors

Hi Appels,

Wow! I'm interested to see what other rare SOGs you have in your collection! Keep those pics coming! We'll add the recent pics when we've done with our current tasks we are working on. Thanks for your nice pics; they're well taken!

Cheers,
Mark ;)
SOG Knives Collectors

Hi Mark,

No problem i have more pictures upcoming :cool: thanks but the pictures where not taken by me :).

Appels

Hi Mark,

As for the sterile bowie i did make some fast pictures of it just to show it really exists :) (I polished the hand guard myself unfortunately it was in used condition when I bought it, it came also with the original box)

0b11_3.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Back