SOG CS IS Horrible

stolas223

Banned
SOG Customer sercice sucks, and so does the tomahawk I got. I got the tactical tomahawk, the "Veitnam" style one with the spike. It's seems to be meant to be thrown. I never even used it. I was carrying it outside and I just simply dropped it and the composite handle broke off the head. I called and they couldn't have been ruder. It was so annoying I had to jut hang up. Never again am I getting anything from SOG. Besides the fact that they are completely Rude as hell, All their crap uses crappy steel and just basiclly sucks. besides the fact they Write SOG all over everything for some reason. It reminds me of dumb ass bangers walking around with a baggy shirt thats says "Nike" or "POLO" all across the front. Jeez who cares, Ok I get it, it's a POLO shirt."you're hurting my eyes" . I'd rather buy cold steel. and thats bad:jerkit:

I thought I was going to make it an entire week without putting someone on my ignore list. I was so close until I saw this post.

My experiences with SOG have been satisfactory. One could look through this SOG forum and see that SOG does provide good service and has a lot of patience with people.

Every encounter that I have had with SOG CS has been top notch. I contacted them about losing the spring that holds the 1/4" bit on my Powerlock (totally my fault). No less than 3 days later I received TWO replacement springs in the mail at no charge.

Perhaps an even tempered e-mail would be in order instead? I know tempers can flair when things happen that we do not expect, but taking the time to write out your thoughts might gain better results. It is difficult for you to perceive people as being "short" with you via email.

SOG cs has been very good to me! this spring i sent in a seal pup elite and
my seal team elite for reprofileing they came way out of wack.witch sucked. but when sog recived them and were about to work on them they called me to ask me how I wanted them done and if there was anything els they could do.I that was cool!
stolas223 sounds like a smacker!

I believe the breakage story. That has happened to a lot of people, the fusion series stuff does seem to be crap. But everyone I have read about got good customer service.

I got to tell you, I am extremely happy with SOG customer service. Starting with Lyndsay and to the person who repaired two of my knives Dave. I don’t think it appropriate to post his last name. Lyndsay was very helpful getting the process started and was a “good listener” when I was explaining the problems I was having with the knives. Dave…. well Dave is a freak of nature when it comes to talent in the customer service business. I mean that in the most sincere way I can when it comes to his level of concern for making the customer happy. You can only wish at least half of the companies you call for service were that good.

I agree, SOG CS is top notch and they will resolve any issue you have had. I have delt with them numerous times both personally and professionally and have had them come through with flying colors.

He dropped it and the head came off? Hah! I call BS.
I've owned a number of SOG products over the years and have only had one problem which their customer service department solved immediately. Perhaps if the OP asked politely or sent an e-mail that didn't look like it was written by a drunk 3d grader ( like his post) he'd get a better response.

SOG Customer sercice sucks, and so does the tomahawk I got. I got the tactical tomahawk, the "Veitnam" style one with the spike. It's seems to be meant to be thrown. I never even used it. I was carrying it outside and I just simply dropped it and the composite handle broke off the head. I called and they couldn't have been ruder. It was so annoying I had to jut hang up. Never again am I getting anything from SOG. Besides the fact that they are completely Rude as hell, All their crap uses crappy steel and just basiclly sucks. besides the fact they Write SOG all over everything for some reason. It reminds me of dumb ass bangers walking around with a baggy shirt thats says "Nike" or "POLO" all across the front. Jeez who cares, Ok I get it, it's a POLO shirt."you're hurting my eyes" . I'd rather buy cold steel. and thats bad:jerkit:

Sorry you had a bad experience, but after reading your post, I have to wonder if it was really SOG that had the problem with people skills/communication. :rolleyes:

I've never received a positive result from whining...as Steely said, an even tempered email would have been much more productive.

Keeping some SOG content: I really enjoy my Seal Pup.

gc

I only had contact with Chris.
and he is a very responsive informative and friendly person.

are you sure that the handle broke by just falling on the ground?
I can hardly believe that.

No one can believe it. That is because the original post is very likely completely fabricated.

I bought a SOG Powerplier YEARS and YEARS ago, when they first came out. about 5 years later, in the middle of winter, i used the pliers to remvoe a rusted nut on my truck. The pliers head snapped (but i got the nut off and was able to fix the truck and GET HOME). I tossed the PowerPliers aside and forgot abotu them for another 2 or three years. sent them into SOG and said bill me for the repair, i abused the pliers. Not only did they put a NEW plier head on, they buffed the blades nice and shiny and put a wicked edge on them, and sent it back to me for FREE.

seven years after the date of purchase,

thats SERVICE!

No one can believe it. That is because the original post is very likely completely fabricated.

my experience is that most knifenuts are quite respectful people unlike some forums on the internet(or youtube).
but some now and then you see rude comments here too I guess:foot:

I am just shocked there is not a big red infraction sticker posted ?

THis seems way out of line to me to have this type of post here and I dont even own a SOG. Wish I did.

But I would have thought I wouldve found this in GBU:confused:

I think dude is trolling

No, he's not trolling. But he is way too excitable. I would rather leave this here for SOG to see than run it off to GBU. Even if he is too excitable, there might actually have been a problem with the product, and no good company wants to let that possibility get past them.

Back