Some Buck 112 Love

Is that comment an answer to my question in #417 about my 112 in #416? Bucksway?
Anyway your answer seems to be what i thought.
The wood is definitely different than anything i have ever seen on a stock buck 112 or 110.
Was hoping some one knew the category and type or whatever that is?
V2V2 if segua wood from '72 or '73

Here's one for comparison. Hard to capture the chatoyancy with a camera. It's unmistakable. I suggest polishing it up to know for sure. It does have that honey color, but like Bucksway said, some blond ebony can foll ya.

I really missed a great example a few years ago. It was signed on the bolster by Chuck himself and dated 1973. One of the earliest dated signature of Chuck and on a odd place. Last I heard Buck wanted it for their museum and offered a Custom shop knife in return.

MT_Pokt you said polish it? What’s the best way? I do have some Johnsons paste wax i bought to lube and water proof the joint on my wooden Opinel knife. I’m guessing that could be used to polish my 112? Would i rub it out with a rag? How do you do it? I need some pointers.
I will say it’s not smooth and shiny but very grainy. I will try to take a pic that hopefully will show this.

Last year I ordered a 112 from Buck, with nickel silver bolsters and elk stag handles.

This year I again went with nickel silver bolsters, but went with a polished blade and buffalo horn handles.

Kinda hard to get a picture of it, so shiny.

3jz4W5Jh.jpg

One of my dream 112's is bareheaded in nickel silver mirror polished drop point blade with Buffalo horn. Polished black horn has a fantastic look with mirror polished blades. Make it a automatic and THAT would be perfect!

I missed out on the 50th 110 version. Was sad 😢
Totally forgot about the 112’s 50th until i got my weekly BUCK email. Opened it then not very often i actually browsed and low and behold 112 50th was there!! Duh it’s 2022. Credit card took a hit but one of each is on the way.

Picked up this 2-dot a few days ago. It's in decent shape but the shiny scratches imply that it's been to the Spa or cleaned up in some other manner.

I bought my first 112 in either 1979 or 1980 at the PX at Fort Bragg but I don't remember if it had a nail nick or not. Lost it in a mobile home fire a year or two after I bought it. Wish I knew if my first 112 was exactly like this one. At any rate, I like these square bolster, no nail nick models.
IMG_6275.JPGIMG_6276.JPGIMG_6277.JPG

Back