Some Comparison Pics

Took these today and thought I'd share:

(Top to Bottom) Necker 2, 3.5, 4.1, 5.1, 6.0, 10
20141212%20IMG_8808.JPG

(Left to Right) 10, 6, 5.1, 4.1, 3.5, Necker 2
20141212%20IMG_8810.JPG

The whole bunch:
20141212%20IMG_8806.JPG

Your killing me...waiting for shipment of my 4.1 and I keep checking like a madman. Very nice picture!

Thanks! Here's one of the 10's blade and the freckles the 3V has taken that I really liked:

20141212%20IMG_8814.JPG

I know it's not a 4.1 so it should drive you slightly less crazy. :D

B

Brian, you like the freckles? Would you compare these freckles to small spots of patina? Do they seem like actual pitting that would get worse over time?

Also, that is an amazing collection. One of the most complete I've seen. You are a blessed man!

Last edited:
Nice line up!
The overall size of the 5.1 is sooo close to the 6
I'd like to see a spine to spine shot.

Nice line up!

I was thinking the same thing. This is also the second comparison picture I've seen of the 5.1 and 6, and the 6 seems to have slightly less drop to the point in both pics.

Thanks for posting the collection Brian T

Nice line up!

20141212%20IMG_8811.JPG

Not a spine to spine but both butted up to the same point. I think they're the same OAL with the extra blade length going to the 6.

B

Brian, you like the freckles? Would you compare these freckles to small spots of patina? Do they seem like actual pitting that would get worse over time?

Also, that is an amazing collection. One of the most comeye I've seen. You are a blessed man!

The freckles are the patina but they won't get any worse without further exposure to whatever caused them in the first place. I have used plenty of 3V over the years and never experienced any pitting even after intentionally leaving a knife (Fehrman) out in the snow overnight.

Thank you,

B

Awesome set of GSO's you have there!!! :eek:
Congrats and thanks for sharing some great pix!!!!!!! :thumbup:

20141212%20IMG_8811.JPG

Not a spine to spine but both butted up to the same point. I think they're the same OAL with the extra blade length going to the 6.

B

Yeah, I'm glad I was lucky enough to snagged a six while they were on pre order.
Thanks for the pic

20141212%20IMG_8811.JPG

Not a spine to spine but both butted up to the same point. I think they're the same OAL with the extra blade length going to the

B

Brian_T can you tell me how you feel about the 6 and the 5.1 compared to each other? I'm going to be purchasing one of the two and seeing as they are almost the exact same size do you have a preference between one or the other? If you were going to grab one of them, which one would it be and why? Thanks in advance.

Brian_T can you tell me how you feel about the 6 and the 5.1 compared to each other? I'm going to be purchasing one of the two and seeing as they are almost the exact same size do you have a preference between one or the other? If you were going to grab one of them, which one would it be and why? Thanks in advance.

For the size, the 6 packs in more blade length so it's the one I would grab.

That said, I used the 5.1 quite a bit yesterday and it sure got the jobs done I set it to. I didn't use the choil though so it really is kind of wasted space for my use. The funny thing is I was thinking how nice it'd be to take a 5.0 for a spin since it's one I don't have. :D

B

That said, I used the 5.1 quite a bit yesterday and it sure got the jobs done I set it to. I didn't use the choil though so it really is kind of wasted space for my use. The funny thing is I was thinking how nice it'd be to take a 5.0 for a spin since it's one I don't have. :D

B

The 4/4.1 has a very good all around length, but the 5 has a little extra handle girth for us large handed people. I'd love to give a 5 a go.

B

The 4/4.1 has a very good all around length, but the 5 has a little extra handle girth for us large handed people. I'd love to give a 5 a go.

I'm thinking the 5 is going to have to be my next one as well. Luckily I see it's on the schedule for 2015.

Brian T, is the 5.1 more of a drop point than the 6, or is it just the way the picture makes it look?

I'm pretty sure they're the same but I can snap a few more pics in different lighting to verify.

B

I was wondering the same thing about the drop point. The 5.1 seems to have the classic S!K pseudo spear point and I like that. The 6 looks great, but doesn't seem to have as much of a drop.

5.1 in the front, 6 in the back. The variation is slight but there.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418776486.277262.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418776486.277262.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 68
Wow, I really had to look to see the difference. I guess they aren't that different. Nice angle of the picture

Back