Some Machetes Finally Done

fantastic work - i have been reading in this section of the forum every now and then but haven't posted - looked around your website as well.

where and how do i get in line to buy or order one of these? and one of those bow legged choppers?

i am in no hurry I got plenty of time - really nice work

Eric

Come to Blade Show a few days early. You can help a lot, I'd like to learn a bit about edges from you while you're here. I can certainly show you about my handle shaping.

Incidentally, the shape for this one comes from the Khukuri.

I will see what my schedule is like. Would be cool to help out at your shop for a few days :thumbup:. Can also spend some time talking about edges ;) How far are you from the Galleria? Need to figure out lodging and what not.

Here is the 12" Machete I just finished. So far I am pretty impressed with the steel and HT. Whacked some 2X4s as I was grinding along to tweak out the geometry. Held up fine and also takes a really nice polished razor edge. Helped a friend sharpen a condor machete this evening and I couldn't get it razor sharp for the life of me. In contrast, this Fiddleback Machete can whittle hair. :thumbup:
5376969587_023cfc8d8f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ban, is your machete utilising a blank from Andy or your own design based on Andy's?

Nice....I like machetes, much more versatile option compared to axes/hatchets.

Ban, is your machete utilising a blank from Andy or your own design based on Andy's?

Nice....I like machetes, much more versatile option compared to axes/hatchets.

Check out the logo. It proudly says Fiddleback ;)

I just tweaked it a bit to give it a little of my personality.

Back