Some Thoughts on Youtuber Nick Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicks voice is just fine, a few videos in a row is doable.,, but the voice of Metal Complex is like chalkboard scraping to my ears, three seconds and I am closing the tab.

A) It's bizarre to me to be on the better side of a voice comparison statement on the internet
B) Everybody's got taste and you're welcome to yours, but MC's a great guy and good friend, and not that I'm running the show, but I'd rather I be the only person getting bashed in here.

Everybody else, thanks as always for the kind words and laughs. YouTube is a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

A) It's bizarre to me to be on the better side of a voice comparison statement on the internet
B) Everybody's got taste and you're welcome to yours, but MC's a great guy and good friend, and not that I'm running the show, but I'd rather I be the only person getting bashed in here.

Everybody else, thanks as always for the kind words and laughs. YouTube is a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your thunder, so to speak, by lessening your reputation as the 'worst voice', it is my honest opinion and conclusion.

I'm late to the game, but I love Nick's reviews. I have used his reviews to inform me on knives that I couldn't see in person before making the purchase. The comments on his voice are kind of ironic to me because I watch all YouTube reviews on double speed so everyone sounds silly.

Nicks voice is just fine, a few videos in a row is doable.,, but the voice of Metal Complex is like chalkboard scraping to my ears, three seconds and I am closing the tab.
I agree... If MC says the word "right" one more time my heads going to explode. Seriously, count how many times he says it.

Ill say this for Nick's voice the first time you hear it is when it is at its worst it almost becomes an acquired taste having listened to his voice now as much as I have it is definitely not as jarring as it once was.

Nick Shabazz showed me how and gave me the confidence to disassemble, clean, and re-lube my knives. And, I've purchased knives and a pen that I saw for the first time in Nick's reviews. Nick is a gem in the Youtube and forum communities.

Ill say this for Nick's voice the first time you hear it is when it is at its worst it almost becomes an acquired taste having listened to his voice now as much as I have it is definitely not as jarring as it once was.
I'll add to that by saying there's a threshold of time spent watching his videos beyond which one's internal dialogue is in the Nick Shabazz voice.

Nick and AKB are my favorites, most entertaining reviewers. I'm pretty sure AKB moved to Cali to be closer to Nick, but that's just a hypothesis...

Just like everyone on youtube, they are entertainers...dont base you decision solely on their thoughts.

Also, DCA and Nick are my favorite hand models, so I can at least get a sense of how the knife will hold. Keep up the good work!

Nick and AKB are my favorites, most entertaining reviewers. I'm pretty sure AKB moved to Cali to be closer to Nick, but that's just a hypothesis...

Just like everyone on youtube, they are entertainers...dont base you decision solely on their thoughts.

Also, DCA and Nick are my favorite hand models, so I can at least get a sense of how the knife will hold. Keep up the good work!

DCA?

David has big hands and Nick has schmedium hands. I'm somewhere in between and can very scientific gauge how a knife will hold/ grip from their videos.

His accent?

To me he sounds like he should be called Tony and be trying to sell me a used car from behind a pair of very dark Raybans.

His videos, relaxed presentation style, straight talk and honesty? I love it all!

DCA? He is also entertaining to watch, and makes an interesting contrast to Shabazz.
Although the first time I watched DCA, I thought the Knife Center must be a family company staffed by multiple Andersens, with more than one ā€œDavidā€ in the team.

When I listen to a Nick Shabazz video, it sounds to me like he's a voice actor either mimicking an accent or accentuating his existing or former accent. I could be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me.

When I listen to a Nick Shabazz video, it sounds to me like he's a voice actor either mimicking an accent or accentuating his existing or former accent. I could be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me.

I think this is the case, esp. after watching his other (eg russian) accent videos executed flawlessly. It is too cartoonish to be real.

It was his voice that made me addicted to him. First time I heard it, I couldnā€™t stop laughing, it sounded a bit like a loonie toon. It was one of those great nights watching his videos, and having one of the most entertaining nights I have had for sometime on YouTube. Vasoline factory stayed in my head for days after. I was addicted, than the bad came - all the money, damn all the money I have spent since this demon man has entered my life. Love you Nick, keep it up and ā€œlive long and prosperā€.

It was his voice that made me addicted to him. First time I heard it, I couldnā€™t stop laughing, it sounded a bit like a loonie toon. It was one of those great nights watching his videos, and having one of the most entertaining nights I have had for sometime on YouTube. Vasoline factory stayed in my head for days after. I was addicted, than the bad came - all the money, damn all the money I have spent since this demon man has entered my life. Love you Nick, keep it up and ā€œlive long and prosperā€.
Well, just wait until "The Good, The Great, The Bad, The Ugly" becomes your mantra for life. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back