Someone help me....please

I'm a knife junkie. I've collected Spyderco, Benchmade, Essee, kershaw, Case, Boker....on and on for many years. I have a few ZT's and Striders. Now I want a Sebenza 21. My question or is weather to get a large or small? For EDC. I have a Double Gunner SNG that i love but think with the Sebenza I might want a large one. What are opinions for carry? Too Big? Probably end up with both eventually... Thanks for your help

Large plain Jane for you first but get the small when you can to try both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a large daily and forget I have it until I need it. Isn't too bulky or anything

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The small is a better knife for edc. It is small but packs a large blade for its size. For someone who was into the full size ZTs and the Strider SnG I would recommend a large. The large is just going to be more what you are used to. They are both amazing knives. Basically if you are wearing jeans the large is probably more the knife for you. If you are wearing slacks to work the small is a perfect knife.

Don't forget to look at the large Inkosi. That is like an updated 21 which comes with some benefits over the 21 model. Just be aware that the large Inkosi is the same size as the large 21 but the small Inkosi is slightly smaller than the small 21.

The truthful answer is the small is all the knife you'll ever need for most EDC tasks, however, as a first Sebenza I would strongly recommend the Large, as it is simply more knife for your money, more impressive to hold, and more iconic, if that makes sense.

I have several smalls, but find I EDC my large 21s more for reasons I can't really explain. You get much better tip control on the smalls, they simply disappear in pocket, and they are less threatening to your co-workers, however, the large 21 just feels and looks so good, I can't stay away for long.

Go large, then get a small later.

I only carry smalls, they are easier to pocket and large enough for daily tasks. I have had a few larges over the years but they were simply too large for me.
The problem with getting advice on this is that knife size is very much a personal preference. I think you will end up with both eventually and then you can make the best choice:)

Here's a pic to compare them. I think the large would be more to your liking if you like the size of the SnG.
Small Sebenza on top, SnG, and a large Sebenza

I'm a knife junkie. I've collected Spyderco, Benchmade, Essee, kershaw, Case, Boker....on and on for many years. I have a few ZT's and Striders. Now I want a Sebenza 21. My question or is weather to get a large or small? For EDC. I have a Double Gunner SNG that i love but think with the Sebenza I might want a large one. What are opinions for carry? Too Big? Probably end up with both eventually... Thanks for your help
The size, weight and in pocket feel very close to GB2 they are both hollow grind, the action feels like Slyze Bowie but tighter, more hydraulic like a hot knife cutting butter.

My suggestion will be don't get one!! otherwise you will have eight this time next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that didn't take long... Large it is but a 21 or a large Inkosi...why does life have to be so hard.....Thinking I like the classic 21 design vs the finger grooves. Are there any other major differences in the two?

Here's a pic to compare them. I think the large would be more to your liking if you like the size of the SnG.
Small Sebenza on top, SnG, and a large Sebenza

Note that the small has almost as much blade length as the SnG despite having a smaller handle.

Get the large... A LArge Sebbie carries like an SNG... it's nothing like a SMF or a spyderco military. It's very comfortable for its size.

If you are looking for something similar in size to the SnG DGG, the answer is the large. It's closed size is just a little more than SnG as well as it's open size. It will have more cutting edge than the SnG and weigh about .8 oz more(but carries well). The small is a great little EDC in it's own right and has about the same cutting edge as the SnG, but for now it sounds like you may be looking for the large.

I would get the Inkosi. It has an even smoother action, double thumb studs and ceramic detent ball/lockbar interface. The 21 only has a righty thumb stud. The Inkosi also has a slightly thicker blade and handle scales.

I'm in the same boat as you and the best I can figure out is to plan on buying one of every variation.

Everyone that said get both is correct, but get a manandi too
Sorry had to say it

Large Inkosi with CF scale.
Because of the weight.
;)

hope this helps.

PS: You may find you want a small one later, just for those occasions..

It seems we are not making this any easier for dbrat.

If you like a large, but not sure between the 21 and the Inkosi, then get the Umnumzaan. It's the best of both worlds.

Then, a large 21. Then a large Inkosi,...

Large Inkosi and small Sebenza side by side to compare. I wear an xl glove

e45d376f1e8232576d59ce3163618463.jpg

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Back