Something a little different. An HI Auction!

Well now what if Phillllll says it's only a minute and Cul won fair and square.

I think maybe we should wait for the party of the first part to address the party of the second part, have your people get hold of my people and we'll have a staff meeting and have lots of donuts and stuff and shake this out to a completely harmonious outcome for both parties 1st and 2nd.

Well now what if Phillllll says it's only a minute and Cul won fair and square.

I think maybe we should wait for the party of the first part to address the party of the second part, have your people get hold of my people and we'll have a staff meeting and have lots of donuts and stuff and shake this out to a completely harmonious outcome for both parties 1st and 2nd.

I'm cool, there will always be other auctions I'm sure.

Woo hoo!

Your attempt at bid sniping failed cul! :D

Better luck next time! :p

Wondered why I been thinking about apple pie all day. Bookie must have switched the brains in our dolls or something.

We got some apples and I got a wife, sounds like apple pie to me............................

Joe, you really know how to hurt a guy. Couple of nice blades to auction off and me being tied up for an unfortunate reason and not over yet. Guess I'll go drag out my dolls and play PINochle.

Alright props to you Joe, this thing is even better than it looked in your photos. Top notch!

IMG_8360_zpsqfyixhtg.jpg~original

I forgot to get a shot of the fine checkering on the end of the handle. Will need to go snap one.

Your picture is way more better than mine too. I really liked the feel of that knife. Was wondering if it arrived safe and sound, glad your pleased.

And thanks for the kind words.

Spoiler alert. I have another one, same knife totally different approach, I'll put up tomorrow probably.

Dang! Thats well done! Grats philllll! Whats the material inside the insert? Looks very cool.

... Spoiler alert. I have another one, same knife totally different approach, I'll put up tomorrow probably.

When you post the new knife, please provide the dimensions. Some of us -- or maybe it's just me -- are hung up (or hung over) on handle size. I usually don't care if the blade is long or short, provided the handle fits my hand just right.

The dark is Franquette Walnut, with stabilized quilted maple inside of that. I'm positive on the walnut, pretty sure on the other.

Most of the stabilized wood I've used was indeed Box Elder Burl, dyed to various colors. Place I get it from can make it look just like Buckeye Burl which is one of my favorites. He don't like Buckeye as it generally has too many voids.

Don't get to use the stuff much as it's so bloody expensive but very good stuff.

I save all the little left overs for stuff just like this. Inlays in rifle stocks, pistol handles etc.

That is an awesome picture! I'm glad that the initial pics weren't that good because I can't afford it!

Back