something i have always done for free - Knife Sharpening

bump look at Richards videos very very sharp unbelievable. Sharp as I have ever seen.

Todd

sunday joebobx, a forum member and his friend james stopped by to get some knives sharpened. they both left with patches of hair missing from their arms.

Last edited:
+1:thumbup:

You can't go wrong with Rich.Great turn around time too!

Looks like you are doing some great work and providing a wonderful service!

Can you sharpen up my bandage scissors form me? LOL J/K

if you know a soldier who's going overseas soon and want to do something nice, offer to ship their knives to me for sharpening :D.

This is such a wonderful service Richard provides. I am just a regular guy that had back surgery, and there was no way I was going to be able to rebevel my Spyderco Superhawk hawkbill from a bit over 15 degrees to around 10 degrees per side for better cutting and much easier sharpening on the 15 degree setting on my Sharpmaker. Richard was gracious enough to offer to do the job for all of $3! Before I even knew he recieved the knife he was calling me to say the job was done. To say his turnaround time or sharing of his knowledge are great are understatements. I got the knife today with bevels pretty enough to look factory, the perfect angle, and near Tom Krein levels of sharpness. Very impressive that he could rebevel the blade and put a 240 grit edge on the knife that popped hair and caught hair above the skin better than a factory Spyderco I had next to it in under 2 minutes is amazing! The edge cut lots of cardboard into tiny scraps and was still cutting strong when I decided to see how easy it was to put a 15 per side microbevel on it with my Sharpmaker. In a few minutes using my lighted microscope to check my work and going through the grits to ultra fine, then 1 micron and .3 micron lapping film stuck to the stones and the edge was whittling hair like mad. I can't recommend Richard or those great paper wheels of his enough, as I got my knife back EXACTLY how I asked with a scary sharp edge in the time it takes the post office to deliver mail. To save my back I think I will be getting myself some of the same paper wheels Richard uses soon to save my back from hunching over stones all day. The supplier of the wheels is about an hour and a half drive away and offered to show me how to use them in person. Thanks for hooking me up with the knife and the knowledge about paper wheel sharpening Richard. Now my favorite folder has a perfect edge and my back is sighing in relief with the thought of paper wheel sharpening in my future!

Mike

Rich, got your message. Postal order on the way!

I have never even handled a knife that is sharp enough to do more than shave hair...barely. I need to experience this soon

You need to try one of Richard sharpening jobs, amazing to say the least.:thumbup: I am going to try the paper wheels soon. I can now get to my Garage for the first time in a couple months. (Very deep snow) Once the flooding is over, it will be summer, we missed spring completely:mad:

I have never even handled a knife that is sharp enough to do more than shave hair...barely. I need to experience this soon

My friend Richard will have your knife tree topping hair assuming it is a knife capable of taking an edge. Luckily I can get my knives really sharp myself, but Richard does it so fast and so cheap it is hard to pass up. I take forever hunched over different stones and Richard just hits a knife on a couple good paper wheels and the knife is scary sharp quick, in like a minute. When I get back to work and off of disability pay I am definately getting the wheels Richard uses. The results he got on my Superhawk were tremendous.

Mike

Back