something i have always done for free - Knife Sharpening

Richard took a stubborn skinner that I couldn't get sharp enough to suit me and returned it shavin'-sharp in just a few days. Great job!

Richard, I was wondering what it would take to regrind this knife and eliminate the serrations. Is this something you could do?
The steel is 440c and it is pretty hard, not sure of the rc though.
myerchinmarlinspike-1.jpg

Richard, I was wondering what it would take to regrind this knife and eliminate the serrations. Is this something you could do?
The steel is 440c and it is pretty hard, not sure of the rc though.
myerchinmarlinspike-1.jpg

Can I get a little more information on that knife?

i have always sharpened duty knives for police, emt, fire and rescue department and state patrol members. i am extending this to any members here on the forum that serve the public. all i ask is that you pay shipping and insurance. it has to be a duty knife-knives or even your favorite pair of scissors. if it has serrations i will make them look as new as possible. i specialize in every blade shape.

Goes without saying:thumbup:
I can't forget the miracle that you did to my steel eagle :D
IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

Thanks again:)

Good for you, Richard J! I'm a gunsmith and have a FFL so I try to pretty much do the same thing locally. I order guns, lasers, tac lights, scopes, etc., for the local LEOs at my cost, plus repair their firearms for parts only and no labor charges. Also order quality knives and sharpen for free. I'm probably not the sharpening expert you are but I do have an Edgepro and other stones and goodies for sharpening. Many a late evening while watching tv I'm whetting/stropping knives, scissors, and so on for the local LEOs, EMTs, and firefighters. I enjoy it.

Richard J: can you send your address to me? Or just post it here. I want to send you one or two - thanks.

A few weeks...hell probably a month ago now I sent Richard a couple of knives and a hatchet for a little edge work and he did an outstanding job.

DSC05335.jpg

DSC05337.jpg

DSC05339.jpg

DSC05344.jpg

I wanted the edge on the hatched thinned out a bit and since there was room in the box I sent the two knives, a Farmer and JK. The Farmer is now incredibly sharp and Richard did a fantastic job with the convex on the JK. I used the JK to teach myself to sharpen convexed edges. It was sharp to start out with...I quickly fixed that. I still am terrible at sharpening convexes so I sent it to Richard and now I think this little knife could chop down a tree!

Thanks again Richard.

As soon as I can get into his neighborhood, I'll stop by and see him. I spoke with him on the phone and he seems like the kind of person I like to know.

I spoke with Richard today and he is feeling a little under the weather. He has some pain in his hands at times and I think the cold is starting to get to him.

He asked me to bump this thread in case anyone needs to use his service. He said a simple sharpening job isn't a problem but a re-profile or extensive convex job might have to wait a few days until a time when his hands aren't bothering him.

Typing is hard for him and aggravates things so if you want to check in on him and have his number, a call would probably be better for him. If you need a knife sharpened shoot him an email with your phone number and he will get in contact with you.

I hope you start feeling better soon Richard! Keep your head up!!!

Hey Richard,

I'm new to the forum and just ran across your info. I'm not in the civil servant ranks and am not looking for a freebee but would like to send you a couple knives. I have a small shop that specializes in waterjet machining and was wondering if you would be interested if I sent you a few blanks from 1095 could you make me one of the sharp as hell KII kitchen knives? Send me a PM to discuss.

Thank you,

h2oknife

bump for the new members who might be able to take advantage of my free service or know someone who might.

Back