Son in ICU - asking for PRAYER

I hope things continue to progress and he is home soon.

I’ve spent a lot of time on n the hospital throughput my life, and encouragement to keep fighting, and to be reminded of what I’m fighting for helps.

Tomorrow will mark 4 weeks since being admitted to the hospital. His liver and kidneys are not responding up to now. We have a meeting this afternoon with his team of doctors to go over status and potential directions for the future. He is unresponsive at this time and requiring pushers for his blood pressure. Pretty rough time to be honest.

Tomorrow will mark 4 weeks since being admitted to the hospital. His liver and kidneys are not responding up to now. We have a meeting this afternoon with his team of doctors to go over status and potential directions for the future. He is unresponsive at this time and requiring pushers for his blood pressure. Pretty rough time to be honest.
So, so sorry. Praying that the Lord Jesus would work a miracle and heal him.

Sending smoke and thinking of you and yours.

I will continue to pray. My sincerest is hope is that he is not at Northwestern Memorial in Chicago. I was there for 9 months after a botched liver transplant. I kept the liver, but the overmedication and sheer arrogance of the transplant team caused me to get cancer and have two strokes as a result. If he is there, get him the hell out.

I can't imagine the pain, uncertainty, and anxiety that you and all those who love and care for Mason, must be experiencing! My prayers are continually being lifted to the Eternal One Who alone possesses the power over life and death.

Please maintain and strengthen your personal relationships with Jesus...and place your hope and trust in El Gabor, Mighty God!

Be strong and be there for Mason!

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers for your son. My prayers for you and your family.

Continued prayers for Mason... & asking the Lord to shine down his bright light/healing love on your entire family & also his team of doctors, Shannon.

Praying that the Lord Jesus would work a miracle and heal him.
Amen

Thank you one and all for your prayers and support of any kind or form.

By way of update, Mason has regained responsiveness since last Friday's status report - actually by Saturday am.

At the Friday meeting with the doctor team we were told there is no medical expectation of recovery and that transitioning from life preserving measures to comfort care would be in order, at least at some point.

I went home Saturday night only to receive a 2:30am call from the hospital to get there quickly. When I arrived at about 3:30am (I am 45 miles away from the hospital) Mason had stabilized. I spent the next 42 hours bedside and he improved the whole time, at least in terms of vitals (still no liver or kidney improvement).

He continues to be cognitive (but without the breath support to talk audibly) and appears comfortable, so the decision has not been made to discontinue life support measures (specifically dialysis and blood pressure support meds).

I believe Mason has been sustained by the multitude of prayers, and God has given all precious time to be together. I do not know the future, but I know who holds it, and I truly hope this situation makes some sort of positive impact on those aware. Thank you all.

Back