Sorry guys, I tapped

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for another thread like this but I cancelled my orders. Two 2.7's, a 4.1 and a 7/7.

The 4.1 and 7/7 were factory 2nds ordered in March 2017. I can't let them get away with 90 days turning into a year and then still not having a knife. Life is too short.

For those of you with the patience, I commend you. As for me, I'll spend that extra money on CPK or other superior knives.

I'll be listing a gso 10 and 5 soon on the exchange if anyone is interested. Might even throw in a Survive! T shirt. I just can't bring myself to wear it again.

I'm sure you gave it a lot of thought, so I'm sure that it is the right decision for you.
Knives are just stuff, if they don't give you any satisfaction it is time to move on. :thumbsup:

I’ve also noticed that our tastes/preferences/needs can change over time. IOW, the knife we are excited to receive today may not even be on our radar a year or more later, either because preferences have changed or because the slot it was meant to fill has been taken by another...

ETA: I ordered two 3.5s - one in 20CV and another in D3V. I will definitely keep the 20CV, but the D3V one may have lost its slot to my CPK edc2.
Similar could happen with the SK6 I ordered if I manage to score a CPK HDFK...

Last edited:
Well folks, I received my refund in what I would call “super quickly”. Thanks to survive for that.

I still love the knives. But if I get any new ones it’ll be secondary market

Sorry you had to cancel ... but I can understand that ... I only ever bought one a 5.1 and it is a good blade ... and took awhile but I seem to have been in the lucky ones that got it within maybe 6 months.

But good to hear you got a fast refund at least ... maybe things will turn around for them yet.

I’ve also noticed that our tastes/preferences/needs can change over time. IOW, the knife we are excited to receive today may not even be on our radar a year or more later, either because preferences have changed or because the slot it was meant to fill has been taken by another...

ETA: I ordered two 3.5s - one in 20CV and another in D3V. I will definitely keep the 20CV, but the D3V one may have lost its slot to my CPK edc2.
Similar could happen with the SK6 I ordered if I manage to score a CPK HDFK...

That’s the rub. I love the knives. I just can’t do business like that.

sorry for another thread like this but I cancelled my orders. Two 2.7's, a 4.1 and a 7/7.

The 4.1 and 7/7 were factory 2nds ordered in March 2017. I can't let them get away with 90 days turning into a year and then still not having a knife. Life is too short.

For those of you with the patience, I commend you. As for me, I'll spend that extra money on CPK or other superior knives.

I'll be listing a gso 10 and 5 soon on the exchange if anyone is interested. Might even throw in a Survive! T shirt. I just can't bring myself to wear it again.

Luke,

It looks like you and I were in the same mode today. I woke up this morning debating on whether or not to keep waiting, or cancel my four orders, the earliest being from mid 2016.

I planned on staying in for the long haul, but apparently I reached my wait threshold today when my F2 7.7 from March 2017 has yet to ship. I cancelled three of my orders and kept my GSO Limited order.

I emailed them this morning and received a prompt and friendly reply. I received my refund this afternoon and I appreciate their quick response. I look forward to getting my GSO Limited and wish them success in their new business model.

I couldn't wait that long either.....That said, The new spec D3V 4.1 is a phenomenal knife. I highly recommend grabbing one on the secondary market if premium is reasonable and not too extortionate. I prefer the new spec D3V GSO 4.1 in hand to the CPK Field knife I had. I sold the CPK Field knife and kept the D3V 4.1. That speaks for itself just how good the D3V 4.1 is. It's the best feeling in hand blade i've had to date so wanted to give credit to this.

I couldn't wait that long either.....That said, The new spec D3V 4.1 is a phenomenal knife. I highly recommend grabbing one on the secondary market if premium is reasonable and not too extortionate. I prefer the new spec D3V GSO 4.1 in hand to the CPK Field knife I had. I sold the CPK Field knife and kept the D3V 4.1. That speaks for itself just how good the D3V 4.1 is. It's the best feeling in hand blade i've had to date so wanted to give credit to this.

I had already received a 4.1. I sold it quickly. Cpk fk was way better, LT Wright GNS and outback was better, both in 3v.

I kept my order for a 4.1 ugly Betty because it was so cheap. But I’ll orbabky sell that too.

Havnt had the pleasure yet of handling LT GNS but on my want list. Thanks for reminding me.

The thumb ramp position didnt work for me on the CPK field knife j had. I considered grinding it off but as I preferred the ergos on the 4.1 micro textured black G10 scales I moved on the Field knife to someone who loves the design as is.

I also prefer the D3V 4.1 to the 4.7.

The lt wright models imo are superior knives to the 4.1. The gns I have is a full flat convex ground and the outback is a flat saber. But..... I have a lot of respect for LT Wright and the way he does business.

Too many good knives out there to be jerked around.

I agree.

I wouldn't consider for a second pre-ordering anything directly from Survive! until their turnaround times get far more reasonable.
Just have to accept buying only on the secondary market with a premium then you avoid being "jerked around".

Last edited:
I was just looking at my two remaining orders and comparing them to the monthly updates.

I swear I have no idea what the people at survive are doing. I don’t see anyone getting knives and my longest order is pushing over a year and a half.

And there are people who have waited longer than me too.

I may end up cancelling both. Not sure.

I've written before that the monthly update are worthless and are in no way moored in reality and should be ignored. They have been for a long time and continue to be too vague to pin any expectation to. The Survive team is capable only of disappointing when it comes to their delivery being in the same galaxy as their promises.

What is most surprising to me is that knife buyers have let them get away with this for so long. Usually this sort of performance is a death knell.

Understand the (justified) frustration.
Will comment briefly:
- the number of S!K customers on this forum represent a tiny fraction of all outstanding orders
- some have recently received knives and have taken the time to post about it.
- the Wednesday WIP updates might be a better way to gauge where things stand in the short term. The first Friday updates present more of a long view - IMO anyway.
Please reread my first sentence ;)

I cancelled my order for a GSO 12 a year ago. When I did I was told that maybe I should reconsider because Survive was going to start them real soon. Here we are a year later and really no closer to the 12's being done. Very disappointed in Survive.
The only positive is they did refund my payment quickly.

I will agree with this ... LT Wright makes some of my favorite knives ... and they are well built ... extremely comfortable and the designs just work.

The lt wright models imo are superior knives to the 4.1. The gns I have is a full flat convex ground and the outback is a flat saber. But..... I have a lot of respect for LT Wright and the way he does business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back