Southard blade finish???

Yup, those photos don't show anything that jumps out at me as wrong at all.

I tried to take some photos of Southard blade finishes before I hit the road this week, but the same blade looked totally different in each picture so I wasn't sure that any of them would make a good example really.
Thanks for all the help.
I know, in every pic of the southard I have the finish looks different.
Depending on lighting and what’s in the background.

What do you mean by edges?

Some of the edges are a fairly straight curve, all belly. Like this one
41TVHOOvZlL._SX425_.jpg

Most of them have a little recurve by the heel of the blade. Like these ones which both have the heel recurve to some degree.
MD-11362_20150928102740_3d9c2a3ac07c24c9.jpg

Some of them have a very very slight recurve at the tip where the tip points down. You won’t really notice it except hand sharpening on a flat stone.
spyderco-c15gpbn-2-large.jpg

Also some of them have both the front tip recuve and the heel recurve. Again these are slight recurves you won’t notice except on close inspection.

Some of the edges are a fairly straight curve, all belly. Like this one
41TVHOOvZlL._SX425_.jpg

Most of them have a little recurve by the heel of the blade. Like these ones which both have the heel recurve to some degree.
MD-11362_20150928102740_3d9c2a3ac07c24c9.jpg

Some of them have a very very slight recurve at the tip where the tip points down. You won’t really notice it except hand sharpening on a flat stone.
spyderco-c15gpbn-2-large.jpg

Also some of them have both the front tip recuve and the heel recurve. Again these are slight recurves you won’t notice except on close inspection.
Oh I see.
I had no idea.
Thanks for this.

Back